A Chief Magistrates’ Court in Jos on Tuesday sentenced two friends to six months in prison each for attempting to steal a cow.
Chief Magistrate Roseline Baraje,sentenced Musa Abdul and Biliya Adamu, after they pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and attempted theft.
Baraje, who handed down the sentence to the convicts, however gave them an option to pay N10,000 fine each.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Monday Dabit, told the court that the case was transferred from the Police Divisional Headquarters, Anglo-Jos, to the State Criminal and Investigative Department for further investigation.
He said that on March 24, Abdul and Adamu, who reside in Barkin Ladi, were accosted and arrested by the police officers on patrol.
Dabit said that the convicts were arrested along with a cow in the middle of the night.
He said the convicts could not give a satisfactory answer on where they got the cow from.
Dabit said during investigation, the police discovered that the cows belonged to one Bulus Musa who resides in Mangu road Barkin Ladi.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business