A Kaduna Magistrates’ Court, on Thursday sentenced a 23-year-old cleaner, Samuel Thomas, for stealing his employer’s N100,000.
Magistrate Umar Ibrahim, sentenced the defendant to six months’ imprisonment without an option of fine after he pleaded guilty.
Ibrahim said that the sentence would serve as a deterrent to others.
Earlier, the posecutor, Insp. Chidi Leo, told the court that the offence was committed sometimes in December 2018 at Sabon Tasha in Kaduna.
Leo said the defendant who was employed as a cleaner in the shop belonging to complainant, Ebuka Chinonso, in Sabo Area of Kaduna State, stole N100, 000 from the drawer.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 287 of the Penal Code Law of Kaduna State.
Edited By: Shittu Obassa/Sadiya Hamza
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 – 5pm EAT)
- COVID-19: NCDC receives 4 ambulances from Aliko Dangote foundation for response activities in Lagos
- COVID-19: Motorists defy intra-state and inter-state ban in Niger
- COVID-19: Zamfara opens isolation centre
- COVID-19: AMAC notifies residents of markets’ closure
- Plateau Govt. Establishes COVID-19 Eradication Fund for the vulnerable
- COVID-19 FCTA stops church programme, wedding reception
- Kaduna lockdown: Traditional leader urges citizens to be law abiding.
- Akure explosion: Federal lawmaker commiserates with victims
- COVID-19: Abia govt. orders closure of land borders