A Shari’a Court sitting at Rigasa, Kaduna, on Monday sentenced 18-year old Abubakar Salihu to nine months imprisonment for breaking into one Fatima Abubakar’s house and stealing a torchlight, two power banks and N18,500 cash.
The Judge, Malam Dahiru Bamalli, gave the ruling after the accused pleaded guilty to the charges bordering on house breaking and theft.
The judge however gave the convict an option of N14,000 fine and ordered him to return the N18,500 cash he stole.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Sambo Maigari, told the court that the convict, who reside at Yan Kifi road, Rigasa, was caught stealing from Fatima’s house on Oct. 11.
“He was caught while trying to escape and we recovered the power banks and torchlight; the money was however not recovered,” he said.
Maigari stated that the offence contravened Sections 178 and 141 of the Shari’a Criminal Procedure Code (SCPC). (NAN)
Edited by Razak Owolabi/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Kano traffic agency bans long vehicles from offloading goods during the day
- Flood destroys 110 houses in Zamfara
- Kaduna attacks: Sen Sani urges concerted efforts by govt, security agencies
- Flooding: NEMA urges Jalingo residents to avoid settlement along riverine areas
- Zamfara APC Crisis: Court dissolves Zamfara executives, orders fresh congresses
- NBBF mourns former D’Tigers invitee, Ojo
- Adamawa Assembly approves Gov. Fintiri’s N550m Agric loan
- ACF urges FG to tackle killings, insecurity in southern Kaduna
- Insecurity: Umahi advises Buhari to retain service chiefs
- Man, 27, drowns in Kano pond