Oyedepo made the assertion at the 18th Matriculation of the institution on Friday in Ota, Ogun.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that 1,860 students comprising 1,672 undergraduates and 188 postgraduates were matriculated for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The chancellor said that the advice became necessary so that the new students would not derail from the purpose of coming into the institution.
Oyedepo warned the students to desist from any form of examination malpractice as anyone caught would be rusticated.
“Covenant University exist to raise a new generation of leaders through qualitative training system that focusses on values and skills development.” he said.
The chancellor urged the matriculating students to be diligent and make sacrifices, adding that those who were determined to effect a change do not run a normal schedule.
Earlier, Prof.Aaron Atayero, Vice-Chancellor of the institution, said that the institution equips students with the spiritual, mental and physical capacity to positively impact their world.
Atayero said the institution has a mission of redeeming the battered image of black man through capacity building, sacrifice, integrity and responsibility for moulding these new generation of leaders.
The vice-chancellor said that the university would continue to lead tertiary institution community as demonstrated by its nomination as the most outstanding higher institution of the year.
“Presently, Covenant University ranked in the 401-500 bracket in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking for 2020.
“This ranking places covenant as the best university in Nigeria and West Africa as well as 10 Universities in Africa,” he said.
Atayero said that the institution graduates were job providers rather than jobs seekers which are contributing positive to the development of the country.
Edited by Joseph Edeh
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges