This is contained in a statement issued on Tuesday in Ibadan by Mr Taiwo Adisa, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Seyi Makinde, who is the head of the task force.
According to the statement, one of the two new cases is a 28-year-old woman who returned to Nigeria from the United Arab Emirate on March 22, while the other is a 42-year-old contact of an earlier confirmed case.
“The isolation process has been initiated, contact tracing and collection of samples have commenced.
“This brings the number of confirmed cases in Oyo State to 11, two cases have been discharged, so, there are nine active cases.
“Please, keep following the directives of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force: Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser regularly and continue to maintain social distancing,” the statement read.
Edited By: Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Satellite herd-tracking program an “opportunity” for indigenous Australians
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio
- Trump accuses Twitter of interfering in U.S. elections
- Nigeria records 276 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,344
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000 mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Angola’s central bank instructs major public bank to protect assets following fraud
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning on economic revival hopes, profit-taking
- Internal border closures hurt Australian economy: PM
- G7 summit to be held in late June: White House
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder
- COVID-19 cluster detected on Australian live animal export ship
- Suspect in deadly arson attack at Kyoto animation studio arrested
- Urgent: 5.0-magnitude quake hits 92km S of Ierapetra, Greece — USGS