The forum in a statement issued by its Publicity Secretary, Mallam Olayinka Yusuf-Erubu in Ilorin, advised residents of the state to always adhere to best practices in order to beat the virus.
He particularly hailed the founder of Waziri Gobir foundation, Malam Yakubu Gobir, who is the Assistant National General Secretary of the ACF for the donation of N30 million, food items and other essentials to cushion the effects of lockdown directive on the people in the state.
“The ACF wishes to appeal to various individuals, NGOs and others to follow the footsteps of Waziri Gobir foundation in partnering with the state to contain the spread of the disease.
“We also appeal to people of the state that the best strategy for beating the virus is to stop its spread by avoiding crowded environment and observe social distancing,” he said.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma and Isaac Ukpoju
- FG distributes relief items to 9,600 IDPs in Borno
- Cambodia lists 9 mountains as natural heritage sites
- Satellite herd-tracking program an “opportunity” for indigenous Australians
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio
- Trump accuses Twitter of interfering in U.S. elections
- Nigeria records 276 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,344
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000 mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Angola’s central bank instructs major public bank to protect assets following fraud
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning on economic revival hopes, profit-taking
- Internal border closures hurt Australian economy: PM
- G7 summit to be held in late June: White House
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder
- COVID-19 cluster detected on Australian live animal export ship