An Agro-entrepreneur, Mr Success Agboola has donated food items to over 1,500 households in Kiribo, Ese-Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State to assist residents as a result of the COVID-19 lockdown.
Presenting the food items to the residents of Kiribibo on Thursday, Agboola said the palliatives were to cushion the effects of the sit-at-home order on the residents who might be challenged in accessing food items.
He said that he was putting smile on the faces of his people like he had always loved to do.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that some of the items shared include: rice, pupuru, garri, noodles, hand sanitisers, gloves and face masks.
Agboola said that most of the people sharing relief materials focused on the residents in major towns and cities, forgetting that those in the villages too needed to be helped.
“Today marks a great day in my life because I am able to put smiles on faces of thousands of my own people.
“I have always wanted to do something that would benefit the less privileged in the society; especially within my community (Kiribo) Ese Odo Local Government.
“I thought of how the lockdown would affect my people and decided to give them some relief materials such as food items,” he said.
Agboola said he was overwhelmed with the reception given to him by the five communities in the local government he visited.
“I thank God for this day and I appreciate the kind gesture and the warm reception of his Royal Majesty Oba Akinde Oduyi Ajayi, the Alapaka of Kiribo and the entire Alapaka-in-Council.
“I promise to continue to give back to the society and contribute to humanity at every point I am able to. So help me God,’’ the philanthropist pledged.
Edited By: Bayo Sekoni/Adeleye Ajayi
- LASG moves to criminalize infrastructure vandalism
- Rose harvest in Syria
- Plexiglass protection Plex’Eat designed to protect diners from novel coronavirus at restaurant in Paris
- Coastal Erosion: LASG seeks N400 bn from FG
- NMA lays foundation for multi billion naira headquarters
- Chile sees 82,289 cases of COVID-19, 841 deaths
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch for weather reason
- COVID-19 infections in California surpass 100,000
- Spotlight: European Commission proposes borrowing landmark recovery fund, in “Europe’s moment”
- Overseas visitors to Ireland down 99 pct in April due to pandemic
- Roundup: European Commission proposes 750-bln-euro recovery fund as countries count losses
- Cypriot president announces revised package to support economy after COVID-19 crisis
- U.S. COVID-19 deaths top 100,000 — Johns Hopkins University
- Kano Govt. offers free education to 1,000 repatriated Almajiri children
- Boeing resumes 737 MAX production
- Nigerian children want end to COVID-19, pay welfare attention
- Official institutions resume work in Palestine after lockdown due to coronavirus
- Feature: COVID-19 pandemic changes Americans’ spending habits
- Over 860,000 Brazilian jobs wiped out in April amid COVID-19 lockdown
- Urgent: U.S. COVID-19 deaths top 100,000 — Johns Hopkins University