Authorities of the Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau have established an Emergency Situation Room, aimed at curbing the spread of the deadly Coronavirus.
The Chairman of the Management Committee of the council, Mr Ezekiel Mandyau, made the disclosure in a statement made available to the Nigeria News Agency in Barkin-Ladi, near Jos on Thursday.
Gov. Simon Lalong had imposed a seven-day lockdown in the state as part of measures, aimed at curbing the spread of the disease in the entire state.
“As a council, we are not leaving anything to chance toward curbing the spread of the virus in the area, which informed our decision to create room for emergency.
“To ensure a successful COVID-19 lockdown as directed by the governor, we in Barkin-Ladi LGA shall operate a situation room for receiving emergency calls and quick responses for effectiveness.”
Mandyau said the situation room would be manned by the council secretary, Deputy DPM and the council’s information officer.
“All information and developments regarding compliance or noncompliance and other related issues should be immediately forwarded to the room without delay for further necessary action.”
He charged residents to direct their calls to phone numbers in the Situation Room: (Phone/Email) ; (Phone/Email) , (Phone/Email) and (Phone/Email) for quick responses.
Mandyau, however, tasked heads of the five COVID-19 subcommittees to be proactive in monitoring developments and reporting to him as head of the Central Planning Committee.
“You should note that as the Council Chairman, I shall be counting on your cooperation for the success of this critical assignment toward warding off the disease and keeping our people safe,” he said.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Silas Nwoha
- U.S. VP Pence’s press secretary returns to work after testing positive
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low
- U.S. Texas further opens up amid pandemic
- LASG cautions developers against roads abuse
- Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
- Ratcliffe sworn in as U.S. spy chief
- COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai extends Kaduna lockdown by 2 weeks
- Romania to take new relaxation measures from June 1: minister
- PDP hails FG over successes against banditry, other crimes in Zamfara
- Roundup: New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
- New York governor rings opening bell at exchange as traders return
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Feature: Pandemic-hit Ecuador faces uncertain economic future, say experts
- ‘Presidential directive’ on 150 memos is fake news – Presidency
- 875 people commit suicide during lockdown period in Nepal
- 3 U.S. soldiers wounded in ambush attack in eastern Syria
- Tinubu commiserates with Telegraph Newspaper over Editor’s death
- COVID-19: Let’s put our trust in Allah to end pandemic – Ife Chief Imam
- Germany to extend contact restrictions untill June 29
- Bayern Munich with one hand on league title after 1-0 win at Dortmund