The total COVID-19 cases in India surpassed 600,000-mark, reaching 604,641 on Thursday, and the death toll rose to 17,834, said the latest data released by the federal health ministry.
The ministry said 434 new deaths due to COVID-19, besides fresh 19,148 positive cases, were reported during the past 24 hours across the country, taking the number of deaths to 17,834 and the total cases to 604,641.
On Wednesday morning the number of COVID-19 cases in the country was 585,493, and the death toll stood at 17,400.
According to ministry officials, so far 359,860 people have been discharged from hospitals after showing improvement.
The number of active cases in the country right now is 226,947.
The country entered Unlock 2.0 phase on Wednesday, the guidelines of which continue to impose restrictions inside the COVID-19 Containment Zones. It has been decided that schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till July 31.
- Kaduna Govt. partners CSOs to increase funding for nutrition
- S/kaduna Killings: STF arrests 8 suspects
- I ‘ll continue to address flooding in Anegbette, says Gov Obaseki
- NIPOST refutes claims of operating illegal stamp duty account
- China-developed airborne sounding system helps study typhoon
- Edo 2020:Gov. Obaseki describes destruction of his commissioner’s house as barbaric
- Gov. El Rufai appoints board members, others for agencies
- We`ll follow Dogara to APC, says youth group
- Shippers’ Council tasks ship owners on unity
- Unilorin wins $80,000 grant for research into Disability Rights in Nigeria