He said that the coalition had intensified sensitisation on preventive measures against COVID-19 pandemic, especially hand washing, social distancing, use of face masks and other preventive strategies.
He said that the coalition had started sourcing and storing bags of grains, rice, beans and other consumables which would in due course be distributed to both Muslim and Christian faithfuls across the state.
Shehu, however, urged those with wharewithal to donate generously to the coalition to enable them achieve the targetted objective.
“We have been praying and seeking for divine intervention on this scouge to end,” he said.
Dr Abdulmajid Jamal, a member of the coalition monitoring, evaluation and implementation committee, also told NAN that preparations had gone far for successful implementation of the programme.
He added that a formidable research and documentation committee was recently inaugurated and charged with the responsibility of registering and determining those who deserved the welfare package.
NAN also reports that six cases of Coronavirus were recently recorded in the state, including Gov. Bala Mohammed, who had just declared negaitive after undergoing treatment.
- U.S. VP Pence’s press secretary returns to work after testing positive
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low
- U.S. Texas further opens up amid pandemic
- LASG cautions developers against roads abuse
- Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
- Ratcliffe sworn in as U.S. spy chief
- COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai extends Kaduna lockdown by 2 weeks
- Romania to take new relaxation measures from June 1: minister
- PDP hails FG over successes against banditry, other crimes in Zamfara
- Roundup: New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
- New York governor rings opening bell at exchange as traders return
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Feature: Pandemic-hit Ecuador faces uncertain economic future, say experts
- ‘Presidential directive’ on 150 memos is fake news – Presidency
- 875 people commit suicide during lockdown period in Nepal
- 3 U.S. soldiers wounded in ambush attack in eastern Syria
- Tinubu commiserates with Telegraph Newspaper over Editor’s death
- COVID-19: Let’s put our trust in Allah to end pandemic – Ife Chief Imam
- Germany to extend contact restrictions untill June 29
- Bayern Munich with one hand on league title after 1-0 win at Dortmund