The state Commissioner for Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education, Mr Patrick Ukah, said this in a statement on Friday in Asaba.
According to him, the programme, tagged “Delta State Teleclass”, which is in partnership with the state Ministry of Information, is a television and radio open distance learning programme.
“The programme is for students in the state preparing for 2020 BECE and examinations to ensure that students learning do not stop during this period of schools’ closure.
“The programme which will be aired on Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Asaba, 9.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., Delta Broadcasting Service (DBS), Warri television and radio stations, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Bridge Radio, Asaba, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Crown FM, Warri, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
“The programme will be aired from Monday to Friday each week from April 4 to May 1, 2020, in the first instance for 30 minutes each for JSS3 and SSS3 per station.
“On Monday, JSS and SSS will have Mathematics, while on Tuesday will be English Language for both categories.
“JSS will have Basic Science and Technology on Wednesday, just as SSS will have Physics same day.
“On Thursday will be National Value for JSS, while their senior counterparts will have Chemistry same day. Pre-Vocational Studies will be aired on Friday for JSS while same day SSS will study Biology,” he said.
The commissioner advised parents and guardians to ensure that their children were armed with their writing materials and listen to the free lessons.
Edited By: Abiemwense Moru/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- NHRC urges Northern Governors to come up with programme for Almajiri
- Gov. Bello exemplified good leadership in Niger -CPS
- Police arrest 251 illegal miners in Zamfara
- Rice production hits 35m bags per annum -FG
- Monkeys steal coronavirus blood samples in India
- COVID-19 progress report ‘ll determine 2020 Agoma Taekwondo Championships– Sponsor
- India’s GDP growth slows to 11-year low of 4.2 percent in 2019-20
- COVID-19 death toll in Netherlands up to 5,931
- Post-Coronavirus, Africa’s Manufacturing Moment – By Muhammadu Buhari
- Myanmar’s airport extends restriction on operation of international air services to mid-June
- Veterinary council tasks AMAC on monthly decontamination of livestock markets, abattoirs
- Austria to loosen face-mask requirement, scrap table-size limit in bars
- BiH’s Celik Zenica football club resumes training
- Yemen confirms 5 new COVID-19 cases, 283 in total
- Rep intervenes in feud between contractor, communities over road project
- Canada’s GDP sees worst showing in Q1 since 2009 due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Singapore-China to open essential travel corridor in early June
- Kuwait records 25,184 COVID-19 cases, 194 deaths
- Indian economy grows at slowest pace in 8 years in Jan-March, 11-year low for the fiscal year
- Anniversary: Gov. Emmanuel cautions supporters against 2023 politics