The Deputy Chief Whip of the Delta House of Assembly, Mr Solomon Ighrakpata, has solicited for more support for the government to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
Ighrakpata made the appeal on Tuesday in Uwvie while distributing bags of rice and cartons of Indomie Noddles to the nine administrative areas and women group.
He urged Deltans to sustain their support for government’s efforts at managing and containing the virus in the state.
The legislator, representing Uwvie, advised the people to collaborate with the government as it acted in their best interest to shutdown to curtail the spread of the virus.
He thanked his constituents for being law abiding and urged them to continue in that regard as the trying times would soon be over for all to return to their normal lives.
He noted that the donated food items would support the people while the stay-at-home order lasted and add to what they already had in their homes.
Ighrakpata gave assured the government that his constituents would continue to partner with the critical stakeholders in Uvwie to intensify awareness on the deadly Covid -19 pandemic.
He said that the State Central Committee on Managing and Containing the Coronavirus pandemic in the state was doing a good job.
The lawmaker restated that Deltans should control the spread of the virus by observing all the preventive measures recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO), and other relevant authorities.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Peter Ejiofor)
- Slovenian parliament passes third coronavirus stimulus package
- Uganda’s annual inflation down to 2.8 percent in May
- Daily life amid epidemic in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- People watch movie at drive-in cinema at Port of Gruz in Croatia
- Bioparco zoo in Rome reopens with strict measures taken to curb spread of COVID-19
- Indian medics team visit COVID-19 hotspot area in Bangalore
- Hundreds in New York protest over George Floyd’s death
- Nubian ibexes seen in Mitzpe Ramon, southern Israel
- “Meet Vincent van Gogh” exhibition to reopen to public in Lisbon
- UN Security Council extends mandates of missions in Somalia, Iraq, Darfur
- UN rights body stresses need to combat stigmatization in COVID-19 fight, supports WHO’s leading role
- Havertz goal gives Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 win at Freiburg
- U.S. city Minneapolis imposes curfew amid violent protests over death of black man
- Gov. Makinde completes 307 projects in 1year, 236 others ongoing
- Chinese UN envoy urges U.S., Britain to immediately stop interfering in Hong Kong affairs
- Leicester manager says he caught coronavirus but has recovered
- Trump’s plan to cut ties with WHO “awful decision”: Irish minister
- Gov. Obiano inaugurates 16-member committee for public procurements
- EU grants Morocco 172 mln USD amid COVID-19 pandemic
- AfDB: Obasanjo, Jonathan, 13 other African leaders rally support for Adesina