The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), Delta Chapter, has empathised with Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa, his wife, Edith and family following the news that they tested positive for the coronavirus disease.
The party in a statement signed by its Publicity Secretary, Dr Ifeanyi Osuoza, on Wednesday expressed its solid support for the governor and his family at this trying time.
The party urged him to be firm in faith and strong in the conviction that this is a situation that would soon pass.
“Your Excellency, the Delta PDP family wish you, your dear wife and members of your family presently inconvenienced by this unwanted situation, a speedy recovery.
“COVID-19, like you have told Deltans, is not in any way a death sentence and your inspirational leadership, as well as proactive management of this pandemic, has further strengthened our belief that you and your family will all come out stronger and healthier.
“We commended your Excellency for the sincerity, honesty and the transparency you have continually exhibited, especially as it concerns your family since the outbreak of this pandemic.
“We join our prayers with those of your well-wishers all over the world, that the good Lord will touch you and your family with His Divine healing at this time,’’ the party prayed.
It called on Deltans to adhere strictly to the COVID-19 preventive measures put in place by the NCDC, the Federal and Delta Ministries of Health amid rising positive cases of the pandemic in the state.
“It is now obvious to all that COVID-19 is real.’’
The party wished the governor and his wife, speedy recovery and prayed that God blesses and keeps them safe.
Edited By: Bola Akingbehin/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
- Cuba keeps Havana airport closed as coronavirus cases spike
- Nigeria: NCDC announces 443 new COVID-19 cases, total infections now 45,687
- United States stimulus talks collapse, setting stage for Trump executive orders
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises