implored his fellow Governors and all those who
Fayemi, who is currently on self-isolation and awaiting his COVID -19 test result, gave the advice in a statement issued by A
, in Abuja on Wednesday
Fayemi implored his fellow Governors and all those who
tread on the path of caution and do everything necessary to test for the virus and self-isolate.
These, according to him, include the
personal aides of those governors, so as to ensure that the spread of the disease remains at its lowest in the country.
“In the same vein, he calls upon all Nigerians who attended functions, at which at least one person was positively identified with COVID – 19, to immediately self-isolate and come forward to the NCDC for identification and to do tests.
“Hiding from the public and self treatment, places the entire public at risk. We should all do our part to stop the spread of this highly infectious disease.
“COVID -19 virus infection is treatable. The earlier it is identified the better.
Fayemi said that test became imperative after having attended a series of meetings with a few individuals who have tested positive with COVID -19.
In both instances, there were persons in attendance, who eventually turned out to be positive carriers of the Coronavirus.
Subsequently, the NGF Chairman attended the National Economic Council meeting and the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors meeting, all of which involved same or other persons positively identified with the COVID-19 virus.
In a tweet on Wednesday morning the Chairman said, “I just took a Covid 19 test, having gone into self-isolation since yesterday evening.
“I’m asymptomatic and feel well, but I was in meetings with two people who had since tested positive. I look forward to an all clear and have encouraged all my colleagues to take the test. JKF”.
The NGF Chairman has been in the forefront of the advocacy for strict adherence to the protocols that help mitigate the spread of the novel virus.
He has advised all staff of the NGF and their families, particularly those whose duties included secretarial services at the meetings, to self-isolate.
Fayemi said this should be done in accordance with the existing procedure and regulations already outlined to ensure public safety and to try whenever or wherever possible to get tested.
The governor urged all Nigerians to heed the stay at home order by the government unless on essential duty.
Watch Live News
- COVID-19: Enugu CP warns residents on shutdown of public places
- Bosnian band cheers up fans with weekly online quarantine shows
- UN defends WHO against allegation of being China-centric on COVID-19
- COVID-19: Katsina Govt. lifts suspension on Friday prayers
- COVID-19: Police nab 2 pilots for allegedly violating restrictions on local flight in Rivers
- Golf-Immelman says Masters in November presents new challenge
- Police warn residents against violating restriction order in Niger
- Oyo govt. to establish energy centre to generate electricity
- Sanitize your mobile phone jackets as safeguard against COVID-19 pandemic, Doctor advises
- Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case