The Nigeria News Agency reports that the Foundation distributed the materials on Sunday at its Oke-Ado office in Ibadan.
NAN reports that the Foundation is owned by Mrs Yinka Faniyi, a former aspirant for Ibadan South West State Constituency II in the last general elections under the Peoples Trust Party (PTP).
Among the items distributed were 50kg bags of rice, face masks and hand sanitisers.
She said that the gesture was also aimed at giving back to the society, admonishing the people to obey government’s directives on the prevention and control of the virus.
“I am moved to donate the relief items to ameliorate the difficulty our people are passing through at this trying times,” she said.
She lauded the state Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) under the leadership of Alhaji Ademola Babalola for sensitising the public on the outbreak of the pandemic to avoid further spread.
Faniyi said that she was keenly following the union’s efforts toward curtailing the spread of the virus, promising to pay them a visit to commend their good works.
She thanked Gov. Seyi Makinde for leading the fight against COVID-19 in Oyo State and wished him quick recovery.
Faniyi called on other public-spirited indigenes of the state to come to the aid of the less privileged at this trying times, commending all individuals and institutions for their support.
Earlier, Alhaji Maroof Balogun, the PDP Chairman, Ibadan South West Local Government and his cabinet had welcomed Faniyi during a visit to their office.
He appreciated the kind gesture of the Foundation, saying that he had also been doing his best for his constituents.
Edited By: Adeleye Ajayi
- MAN reports unsold inventory of N420bn
- LCCI seeks regional collaboration on agriculture
- Body of ex-Edo Commissioner recovered 14 days after abduction
- Russian COVID-19 cases exceed 390,000
- Police parade fake soldier in Jos
- Stockbrokers urge Nigerians to support FG’s growth plan through Sukuk
- Anniversary: Delta Speaker salutes Gov. Okowa
- Anniversary:Gov. Mohammed attributes succes of his administration to robust relationship with Federal Government
- Sudan summons Ethiopian charge d’affaires in protest over army-backed cross-border attack
- Benue LG polls: Observers attribute low turn out to COVID-19
- COVID-19 won’t truncate Nigeria’s electoral process – INEC
- Legal practitioner seeks employment for youths to boost economy
- Serbian president satisfied with progress in Belgrade-Budapest railway construction
- Indian states ban consumption, spitting of tobacco in public places to prevent COVID-19
- COVID-19: UNIPORT begins mass production of face mask, hand sanitizers
- Kwara Muslim Council tasks Gov. AbdulRazaq to consolidate 1-year achievements
- Police arrest 16 suspects over kidnapping, armed robbery, others
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Anniversary: APGA applauds Zamfara Govt for tackling insecurity
- La Liga clubs free to start full training from Monday