As the initial two weeks stay at home order issued to civil servants in Cross River expire on April 7, the state Governor, Sen. Ben Ayade, has extended it by one week.
Christian Ita, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the governor, announced the extension in a statement on Monday in Calabar.
Ita directed civil servants in the state to stay away from work for a further week except those on essential services which include medical personnel, paramilitary and revenue officers.
“The extension is in furtherance of Ayade’s determination to ensure that CrossRiverians stay safe from the global pandemic.
“Government’s concerted effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to Cross River is also fully on course.
“Governor Ayade, therefore, appeals to all CrossRiverians to continue to adopt and adhere to all the preventive measures already in place in the state.
“The governor has promised to do everything humanly possible to ensure that Cross River remains COVID-19 free,” he said.
Edited By: Tayo Ikujuni/Wale Ojetimi
- LCCI seeks regional collaboration on agriculture
- Body of ex-Edo Commissioner recovered 14 days after abduction
- Russian COVID-19 cases exceed 390,000
- Police parade fake soldier in Jos
- Stockbrokers urge Nigerians to support FG’s growth plan through Sukuk
- Anniversary: Delta Speaker salutes Gov. Okowa
- Anniversary:Gov. Mohammed attributes succes of his administration to robust relationship with Federal Government
- Sudan summons Ethiopian charge d’affaires in protest over army-backed cross-border attack
- Benue LG polls: Observers attribute low turn out to COVID-19
- COVID-19 won’t truncate Nigeria’s electoral process – INEC
- Legal practitioner seeks employment for youths to boost economy
- Serbian president satisfied with progress in Belgrade-Budapest railway construction
- Indian states ban consumption, spitting of tobacco in public places to prevent COVID-19
- COVID-19: UNIPORT begins mass production of face mask, hand sanitizers
- Kwara Muslim Council tasks Gov. AbdulRazaq to consolidate 1-year achievements
- Police arrest 16 suspects over kidnapping, armed robbery, others
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Anniversary: APGA applauds Zamfara Govt for tackling insecurity
- La Liga clubs free to start full training from Monday
- COVID-19 deaths in Netherlands rise by 20