The Chief Imam of Ifeland, Alhaji AbdulSemiu AbdulHammed, has pledged that Muslim faithful would comply with Osun Government guidelines on COVID-19 during Friday Jumat prayer.
He commended Gov. Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun for his efforts at ensuring that residents are protected against the novel coronavirus.
“We appreciate the governor for lifting the ban on worship centres and giving us two weeks to observe our religious services.
“The compliance of religious leaders at worship centres to government guidelines will surely pave way for the next steps either to lockdown again or total freedom of religious services,’’ he said.
He, therefore, appealed to all Muslim faithful to ensure that they used their facemasks before, during and after Jumat prayer until they return to their homes.
The Muslim cleric assured that all government directives would be strictly adhere to.
- Alleged N2bn libel: Court to hear suit against Sowore, others Sept. 30
- Edo Assembly Deputy Speaker impeached
- Osun govt. distributes protective materials to public schools ahead resumption
- British lawmakers slam govt’s ‘critical errors’ in pandemic
- Covid-19: Hotels in Nasarawa record low patronage
- Swiss ambassador slightly injured in Beirut blast – Foreign ministry
- Invest in critical areas of research infrastructure, Expert urges CBN
- Ebonyi Govt. to complete airport project in 2022-Umahi
- Nasarawa by-election: INEC urges traditional rulers to ensure peace
- Eiffel Tower to turn off lights in honour of Beirut blast victims