Mr Jim Ovia, founder of Zenith Bank Plc, has advocated branding, innovation and creativity as critical prerequisites for business survival during and post COVID-19.
Ovia spoke on Tuesday, during a webinar by the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce (NBCC).
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the webinar had as its theme: “NBCC Sharing Experiences Series — Building a Brand”.
Ovia said innovation and creativity were necessary to help businesses adapt to the new normal in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
He said that the most successful economies of the world had the highest number of well built brands, which engenders growth, stability and improved standard of living.
Ovia advised the emulation and under studying of successful business brand processes such as Amazon by engaging in evolving branding process to stimulate economic development.
“Business survival is most critical during and post-COVID-19.
“Many business brands have failed for lack of innovation and inability to move with time.
“A brand is built on reputation and integrity, and very successful economies have the highest numbers of well built brands.
“Survival during and after COVID-19 will be for the most creative business brands,” he said.
Edited By: Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Salaries: NLC issues one week ultimatum to Bauchi State Government
- Sanwo-Olu congratulates Sen. Adeola at 51
- Okowa charges new advisers to justify appointments
- COVID-19: IOM, ICC publish guidelines for protection of migrant workers
- Rep Hunpe says Lagos-Badagry Expressway, not abandoned project
- COVID-19: Bua group donates 3 ambulances to Delta Govt.
- Gov. Sule urges Lafia residents to use Community Assemblies to foster unity
- CSOs raise alarm over growing incidents of rape for ritual
- Demand for CRVS low in Nigeria — NPC Chairman
- Oyetola seeks collective efforts against insurgency