The Commissioner of Police, Katsina command, Mr Sanusi Buba, has directed the release on bail of all suspects with bailable offences as part of measures to curtail the spread of COVID-19.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Gambo Isah, disclosed to newsmen on Wednesday in Katsina.
“All Area Commanders, DPOs, CIDs, SARS and SIB, have been directed to release on bail all suspects whose offences are bailable, and also to avoid unnecessary detention of suspects.
“It is pertinent at this moment to reiterate the commitment of the Katsina state police command to the measures taken by the Katsina state government and the Inspector-General of Police, aimed at containing the COVID-19 pandemic,” he said.
According to him, such measures include the total ban on social gatherings and events in the state.
The CP also called on all business owners to provide hand sanitisers for those seeking to enter their business premises.
“They are to also provide thermometers to measure people’s temperature,” he said.
Edited By: Moses Solanke and Isaac Ukpoju
- Lagos, stakeholders seek sustained implementation of breastfeeding policy
- Gender activist advocates enforcement of policies protecting girls, women’s rights
- Draft document on protecting telecoms infrastructure awaits presidential assent — Pantami
- Gov. Oyetola inaugurates committee against gender violence
- Group seeks meritocracy for appointment of UI VC
- C’River water board dismisses 6 for non performance
- Taraba govt. sensitises citizens on exclusive breastfeeding
- INEC to clear materials for previous elections
- Australia opens first face mask testing facility
- Delta Govt to invoke laws against illegal structures