The Katsina State Government has lifted suspension on Friday congregational prayer with immediate effect.
The lifting of the suspension was announced by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Mustapha Inuwa, in a statement made on Tuesday in Katsina.
“Following a meeting held today between the Katsina state government, religious leaders, traditional rulers and security agents to review some measures taken by the government to prevent spread of covid-19 in the state.
“The Executive Governor has directed that the suspension of Friday prayers be lifted with immediate effect; however, the prayers will be conducted under some stipulated health and security guidelines.
“The Jumu’at Imams should, however, avoid prolonged sermons in order to discharge their followers within the shortest period.
“People are also strongly advised to maintain social distancing and adhere strictly to all the rules and regulations provided by the health experts in fighting the contagious disease,” he said.
Edited By: Dianabasi Effiong/Felix Ajide
- World Bank says COVID-19 epidemic poses greatest threat to Cambodia’s development
- Cambodia reports 1 more imported COVID-19 case, 125 in total
- White House on lockdown as protests over Floyd’s death reach U.S. capital amid nationwide rage
- No new case in New Zealand for eight consecutive days
- Int’l passenger air travel resumes in Slovenia’s capital
- Finland approves employment of additional non-EU agri-workers
- Chile to grant facilities to LATAM Airlines after bankruptcy announcement
- Slovenian parliament passes third coronavirus stimulus package
- Brazil registers world’s fifth highest death toll from COVID-19
- Uganda’s annual inflation down to 2.8 percent in May
- Daily life amid epidemic in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- China urges U.S. to stop using excuses to restrict, suppress Chinese students
- People watch movie at drive-in cinema at Port of Gruz in Croatia
- Bioparco zoo in Rome reopens with strict measures taken to curb spread of COVID-19
- Indian medics team visit COVID-19 hotspot area in Bangalore
- Hundreds in New York protest over George Floyd’s death
- Nubian ibexes seen in Mitzpe Ramon, southern Israel
- “Meet Vincent van Gogh” exhibition to reopen to public in Lisbon
- UN Security Council extends mandates of missions in Somalia, Iraq, Darfur
- UN rights body stresses need to combat stigmatization in COVID-19 fight, supports WHO’s leading role