The Kwara State Technical Committee on COVID-19 on Monday announced two confirmed cases of the infection in the state.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Rafiu Ajakaye, the committee’s spokesman in Ilorin.
The committee said the announcement followed the state government’s receipt of the official confirmation of test results from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control .
It said one of the cases was a UK returnee, while the other was the wife of the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital patient, who died on Thursday.
The committee said the state government would brief the press on the development on Tuesday.NAN)
Edited By: Azubuike Okeh/Ifeyinwa Omowole
- COVID-19 infections in Lebanon rise to 1,191
- People spend weekend at Bilpin Fruit Bowl in Bilpin, Australia
- Magnitude-5.4 earthquake rattles southern Philippines
- Nsukka council Chairman warns residents against dumping refuse in drains
- Philippines to resume domestic flights on June 1, int’l flights remain suspended
- Feature: Kenyan young learner stitching face masks to boost fight against COVID-19
- 2,355 new COVID-19 infections detected in Qatar, total 55,262
- UK House of Commons urged to continue virtual meetings amid COVID-19 threat
- Shallow quake strikes off central Indonesia
- India enters Lockdown Phase 5 till June 30
- SADC set to turn COVID-19 challenge into opportunity of emboldening industrialization
- Survey shows 75 pct of schools in rural Zambia not ready to reopen
- 5.5-magnitude quake hits 196 km SE of Sarangani, Philippines — USGS
- Philippines reports 590 new COVID-19 cases, total exceeds 17,000
- Ethiopia’s COVID-19 cases surpass 1,000 as 95 new cases confirmed
- Edo primary: APC Chieftain urges members against causing disaffection
- Juju musicians salute Shina Peters at 62
- Online exhibition of drawings by children from SCO countries opens in Tashkent
- Residents laud Gov. Zulum’s achievements in Borno in 1 year
- Stakeholders mourn ex-NNPC GMD, Baru