The Kwara Government on Thursday announced a total tockdown in all the 16 local government areas of the state as part of efforts to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
The state’s Deputy Governor and Chairman of the COVID-19 Commitee, Mr Kayode Alabi, announced the lockdown while briefing newsmen in Ilorin.
Alabi said that the total lockdown would take effect from 6pm on Friday.
According to him, banks and food stuff outlets will be allowed to open only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10am and 2pm.
He also warned against the stigmatisation of persons suspected to have been infected with the virus.
Alabi, who said the state government would prosecute violators of its restriction order, further appealed to families of those who had contact with the COVID-19 index case in the state to present themselves for test.
The deputy governor also said the two affected persons in the isolation centre were in stable condition and receiving adequate attention.
He said everything was being done to prevent further spread of the disease in the state.
Edited By: Mufutau Ojo)
- Taiwan donates 50,000 medical masks to NCDC
- Edo 2020: PDP aspirant promises affordable housing, security
- AfCFTA: Feedback expected from Heads of State on feasibility of July 1 take-off — Sec. Gen
- 5 vessels laden with fuel, wheat await anchorage at Delta ports – NPA
- APC accuses Bauchi State Govt of starving Assembly of funds
- El-Rufai decries spate of banditry in Northwest
- EFCC arrest Benue vigilante commandant over alleged N449.5m fraud
- Banditry: Gov. Tambuwal updates President Buhari on Sabon Birni massacre
- Ize-Iyamu submits nomination form ahead of Edo governorship primary
- Reopening of worship centres: Muslims comply with govt. directive
- Don’t accept gifts, food from passengers, Police Command in Kebbi warns
- Police arrest man for allegedly defiling daughter in FCT
- First aircraft lands at new Yobe Int’l cargo airport
- Edo Govt. discharges 11 COVID-19 patients
- NSE: Market capitalisation closes upbeat, rises N53bn
- COVID-19: Navy gives palliative to another host Lagos community
- Boko Haram: Gov. Zulum pledges to rebuild houses destroyed in Gajiganna attack
- No COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit approved for use in Nigeria- Council
- Ethiopia records highest daily increase as 137 new COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Kebbi commences sales of subsidised livestock feeds