Mandyau who made the call in a statement made available to Nigeria News Agency in Barkin-Ladi, said, “only God can deliver us from the rampaging disease.”
“We, as a people, must seek the face of God to deliver us from the rampaging Coronavirus pendemic such that it won’t show it’s ugly face on the Plateau or Barkin-Ladi.
“The way and manner the deadly Coronavirus pendemic is ravaging other nations with people dying in thousands, it only calls for one to run to God for adequate protection and safety.
“This is why I strongly advise all and sundry in Barkin-Ladi to heed to the seven-day Lockdown declared by our wise Gov. Simon Lalong beginning from Thursday midnight, ” he said.
The chairman also urged the people to support all measures so far taken by the Lalong led administration in the fight against the spread of the disease.
He said the call became necessary in view of “the need for collective fight to ensure that the virus can be contained within the shortest possible time.”
“I wish to appeal to the people of Barkin-Ladi to cooperate and ensure the success of the total lockdown beginning from Thursday, April 9 midnight to Wednesday, April 16 midnight.”
“The imposition of the lockdown is for the good and safety of all the people resident in Plateau and therefore, we must give our total support and cooperation to keep the state safe from the rampaging Coronavirus pendemic,” he said.
Edited By: Abdullahi Yusuf
- No new case in New Zealand for eight consecutive days
- Int’l passenger air travel resumes in Slovenia’s capital
- Finland approves employment of additional non-EU agri-workers
- Chile to grant facilities to LATAM Airlines after bankruptcy announcement
- Slovenian parliament passes third coronavirus stimulus package
- Brazil registers world’s fifth highest death toll from COVID-19
- Uganda’s annual inflation down to 2.8 percent in May
- Daily life amid epidemic in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- China urges U.S. to stop using excuses to restrict, suppress Chinese students
- People watch movie at drive-in cinema at Port of Gruz in Croatia
- Bioparco zoo in Rome reopens with strict measures taken to curb spread of COVID-19
- Indian medics team visit COVID-19 hotspot area in Bangalore
- Hundreds in New York protest over George Floyd’s death
- Nubian ibexes seen in Mitzpe Ramon, southern Israel
- “Meet Vincent van Gogh” exhibition to reopen to public in Lisbon
- UN Security Council extends mandates of missions in Somalia, Iraq, Darfur
- UN rights body stresses need to combat stigmatization in COVID-19 fight, supports WHO’s leading role
- Havertz goal gives Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 win at Freiburg
- U.S. city Minneapolis imposes curfew amid violent protests over death of black man
- Gov. Makinde completes 307 projects in 1year, 236 others ongoing