NCAC’s Director-General, Mr Olusegun Runsewe, said the donation was a continuation of the council’s support for the fight against COVID-19 in a statement he made available to journalists on Tuesday in Lagos.
He said that it was also to enhance the security of officers of the force who were often in the frontline of the fight.
The items donated by NCAC include: locally-made customised face shields, regular face masks made of local fabric, hand sanitisers, liquid soap as well as information and communication materials.
Runsewe commended the gallantry of the police force and their commitment to the enforcement of COVID-19 guidelines.
He also commended the Inspector General of Police for directing the members of the force to respect human rights in the discharge of their duties,most especially, during this fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
He appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari for displaying exemplary leadership and commitment to the eradication of the pandemic.
The Inspector General of Police, represented by the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Operations, Mr. Mojid Ali, commended Runsewe and his management team for appreciating the efforts of the Nigerian Police Force in the fight against COVID-19.
He appealed to other well-meaning Nigerians to emulate the good gesture of the NCAC boss by assisting the police with similar donations.
It would be recalled that on April 23, Runsewe formally launched the COVID-19 personal protection equipment that was mass produced for distribution to people and institutions in the frontline in the fight against Coronavirus.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Peter Dada (NAN)
- Andreescu will not defend United States Open title
- Serena beats Venus to reach Lexington quarter-finals
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review
- COVID-19: PTF working with partners to implement comprehensive response to virus
- How I survived COVID-19 — Foreign Affairs Minister
- Leipzig stun Atletico Madrid to reach Champions League last four
- Workshop identifies harmful impacts of Global Gag Rule on developing nations