Dr Alihu Adebara, NCDC Team Lead, stated this on Wednesday when officials of the agency paid a visit to the office of the Permanent Secretary, Kwara Ministry of Health, Dr Ayinla Abubakar.
According to the committee, one of the patient is the wife of a patient at the UNILORIN Teaching Hospital, and two United Kingdom returnees.
One of the infected returnees died on Thursday.
Adebara said they are in the state to asses the situation on ground as well as the two COVID-19 patients at the Sobi Isolation Centre in Ilorin.
He commended the state government on the level of preparedness for the outbreak which has really helped the situation on ground.
The Team Lead reiterated the resolve of the Committee to offer assistance to the state government in the area of containment and managing COVID-19 patients.
Adebara assured that the issue of the outbreak of the disease in the state will be duly addressed.
Also speaking, Abubakar said the state is blessed with competent human resources that are always prepared to face any challenge in the state.
Abubakar urged the Agency to render every help to the state government to fight the disease.
He also commended the drivers and other Staff of the Ministry of Health, while also charging them to be more proactive in discharging their duties most especially in this crisis period.
On his part, Dr Tosin Fakayode, Director, Public Health in the state, explained that the state has already taken necessary measures, including, construction of the disease isolation center even before the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country.
Fakayode noted that state government adopted proactive measures including timely release of funds and recent procurement of ambulances dedicated to the fight against COVID-19, among others.
The Chairman of the Nigerian Medical Association, (NMA) Kwara branch, Dr. Mohammed Solagberu, who is also a member of the COVID-19 medical advisory sub-committee, reaffirmed commitment of doctors in the state to winning the fight against the dreaded Coronavirus.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Rabiu Sani Ali
- ECOWAS Court updates its rules of procedure
- FG distributes relief items to 9,600 IDPs in Borno
- Cambodia lists 9 mountains as natural heritage sites
- Satellite herd-tracking program an “opportunity” for indigenous Australians
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio
- Trump accuses Twitter of interfering in U.S. elections
- Nigeria records 276 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,344
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000 mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Angola’s central bank instructs major public bank to protect assets following fraud
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning on economic revival hopes, profit-taking
- Internal border closures hurt Australian economy: PM
- G7 summit to be held in late June: White House
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder