Eyono Fatayi-Williams, General Manager, External Relations and Sustainable Development, NLNG, said in a statement that the donation was received by Prof. Akin Abayomi, the State Commissioner for Health.
Fatayi-Williams, who represented the
NLNG’s Managing Director, Mr Tony Attah, said the initiative by the oil sector was being spearheaded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to combat the virus.
“The donation, worth 300,000 dollars is part of the company’s 1.25 million dollars worth of donations to six states of the federation in its contribution toward the NNPC-led Oil Industry COVID-19 intervention fund.
“The donation to Lagos State will go to supporting the COVID-19 response at the Lagos Mainland Hospital.
“Equipment donated include: Mindray SV300 ventilators, infusion pumps, Surgicare patient monitor, hospital cart, Mindray haematology analyser, stat analyser, stat reagent, cartridge and automated chemistry analyser.
“Other items are medical infusion pump, blood warmers, arterior blood gas analyser, perfusor compact, automated haematology analyser, efibrillators ICU patient beds with remote controls and PVC mattress covers,” Attah said.
According to him, it also includes, Visco elastic mattresses, Desco hospital pillows, overbed tables and bedside cabinet combination units.
Attah said the donations were part of the industry’s ongoing contribution to the states to help push back the pandemic.
He noted that the virus still remained a huge threat to the country’s socioeconomic wellbeing, which would require concerted efforts and sacrifices from everyone in the country to fight.
Attah said the interventions signified NLNG’s resolve to stand with both the Federal and State Governments during these trying times and to reciprocate the goodwill and support to the company over the years.
He commended the state government for its determination and resilience in fighting the pandemic and effectively managing the impact on businesses and residents.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Olagoke Olatoye (NAN)
- Medical Director, others charge mothers on exclusive breastfeeding
- NAF graduates 123 aircraft maintenance specialists in Kaduna
- Ghana’s COVID-19 cases exceed 40,000 with over 200 deaths
- Succession crisis: Enugu High Court stops Ogbete traders election
- Court nullifies indictment of ex-Nasarawa SSG over alleged N248.5m funds
- Man docked for alleged assault of woman police inspector in Osun
- Hold mobile phones at eye level to prevent spine, joint problem, expert advises
- Some 80,000 children displaced due to Beirut explosions – UNICEF
- COVID-19 lockdown: 7m Filipinos lose jobs
- Police arraign 10 men in Lagos over alleged unlawful possession of weapons