The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA)), has deployed a team of medical staff to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control(NCDC)), operational centre to support the fight against Coronavirus(COVID-19) in the country.
Dr Faisal Shuaib, Executive Director/CEO, NPHCDA, disclosed this in an interview with Nigeria News Agency, on Wednesday in Abuja.
Shuaib said that the team will support the ongoing efforts by the Federal Government to manage and control the spread of COVID-19.
He said that NPHCDA in the same vein, also provided vehicles to support the National COVID-19 response in the country.
According to the NPHCDA CEO, COVID-19 and it’s spread happens to be the most serious global health security threat.
“Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the virus, and we are deeply, deeply grateful to the healthcare workers who are on the front line helping to manage the situation,” he said.
He recommended that Nigerians should listen to the relevant agencies and they should not share false or panic messages.
“Remember, we all have a collective role to play,” he stressed.
Shuaib urged Nigerians to avoid crowded places, like supermarkets and outdoor markets.
He said that they should maintain at least two meters distance with anyone coughing or sneezing.
The CEO said that they should also wash their
hands frequently with soap under running water or use hand sanitizers.
He said that for more information they should visit the NCDC website.
NAN), reports that Nigeria has 46 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of March 25, 2020, a sharp increase from eight cases last week.
There are currently eight cases in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, and 30 in Lagos, the country’s commercial hub. One death has been recorded, and two of the 46 patients have fully recovered and discharged.
As in other parts of the world, the actual number of cases is most likely much higher, due to limited testing and the way the virus spreads, with many who may be carrying the virus not showing any symptoms.
COVID-19 is affecting
196 countries and territories around
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza
Watch Live News
- LASEMA calls for integrity test, as building collapses in Lagos
- NNPC to hands off refineries after rehabilitation –Kyari
- Buratai visits troops’ locations in NE
- Greece cracks down on domestic travel, steps up police enforcement
- COVID-19: Gov. Yahaya lauds Gombe youths for producing ventilator
- UN chief defends WHO after criticism from Trump, says probe possible
- COVID-19: DisCos support move to give 2 months free electricity to consumers
- COVID-19: NCDC pledges further technical assistance to Enugu
- Serbian president’s son hospitalised after catching coronavirus
- Real Madrid players agree to 10 to 20 percent wage cut