The Ondo government, on Wednesday, took its fumigation and distillation of markets, motor parks and streets to the Okitipupa Local Government area of the state.
The fumigation, which began on April 7 at the Okitipupa main market and Old Garage, was done with motorised water pumps containing ethanol and chlorine.
NAN also reports that the fumigation, supervised by the state Committee on Sanitation and Traffic Rules, would be taken to other markets and motor parks in Ayeka, Ode-Aye, Ikoya, Ilutitun, Iju-Odo and Igbotako, among other towns in Okitipupa council area.
The Caretaker Chairman of the local government, Mr Abayomi Adesanya, who also monitored the exercise, commended the state government for its efforts at salvaging the lives of the citizens.
He urged residents of the area to imbibe the culture of hygiene and comply with government orders and all other precautionary measures put in place for them not to contract the deadly disease.
“While I commend the state government’s efforts at containing the spread of COVID-19, I want to urge residents to ensure hygienic environment, comply with government directives and all other precautionary measures, and stay safe,” he said.
NAN recalls that Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu had recently mandated the committee, headed by the state Commissioner for Water Resources, Mrs Yetunde Adeyanju, to disinfect and fumigate all markets, motor parks and streets in the state against the spread of the pandemic.
Edited By: Chinyere Nwachukwu and
- Belgium registers 137 new infections, 36 new deaths
- COVID-19 cases in Palestine rise to 613
- FG to inaugurate 200,000 capacity yam storage facility in Benue on June 9
- France GDP likely to contract by 20 pct in Q2, says national statistics bureau
- COVID-19 accelerates digital transformation of African agriculture value chains
- Alleged N570m fraud: Absence of EFCC’s counsel stalls Oyo-Ita’s trial
- Children’s Day: Don seeks more funds for public education
- Expert tasks landscape architects on appropriate horticultural practice
- Residents get COVID-19 test in Brasilia, Brazil
- Kenya’s flower exports increase as EU eases lockdown
- Armed Robbery: Court sentences 2 persons to death by hanging in Osun
- European Commission proposes borrowing 750 bln euros as recovery fund
- France bans hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 amid safety concerns
- Lebanese PM emphasizes “need for UNIFIL amid security threats by Israel”
- Wharton dean urges better global leadership amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Iran’s COVID-19 cases surpass 140,000
- Kuwait records 23,267 COVID-19 cases, 175 deaths
- Japan approves ¥31.9trn supplement budget amid virus crisis
- Inculcate problem solving ability, skills in Children- NASFAT Chief Missioner
- Childrens’ Day: NGO distributes diapers to pregnant mothers in Bauchi