Damap, who spoke through his Deputy, Rev Sam Mbok, said that the local government was not leaving anything to chance in the effort to check the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic.
“We are doing our best to protect our citizens from being infected; the four Isolation centres are situated at Chip, Dyes, Takas and Pankshin towns, with trained health officials in case of any eventuality,” Damap told the Nigeria News Agency.
He said that officials from Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH)) department were moving through districts to sensitise residents on the danger of the virus and the need to keep a high sense of hygiene, especially the constant washing of hands.
According to him, government has also set up a team for emergency response “so that we won’t be taken unawares”.
Damap lamented the absence of a ventilator in Pankshin, particularly in the General Hospital, but said that the facility would soon be sourced “since our governor has designated the Pankshin General Hospital as one of the state’s isolation centres”.
He said that the local government had addressed the staff on ways to keep themselves safe by keeping social distance and personal hygiene.
“We have also instructed workers from Grade Level 12 and below to work from home as directed by the state government, but they should be ready to come around when their attention is needed”.
Damap, however, said that the council was not ready for a total lock down.
“We don’t pray for that to happen because we’re are not prepared for such. We don’t have the resources to support the residents to stay at home.”
He urged residents to ensure that markets and schools remained close as ordered by the state government.
Watch Live News
- Remote Work Model: ISACA warns on cyber attacks
- Zenith Bank deploys automated voice banking service to ease transactions
- COVID-19: Enugu CP warns residents on shutdown of public places
- Bosnian band cheers up fans with weekly online quarantine shows
- UN defends WHO against allegation of being China-centric on COVID-19
- COVID-19: Katsina Govt. lifts suspension on Friday prayers
- COVID-19: Police nab 2 pilots for allegedly violating restrictions on local flight in Rivers
- Golf-Immelman says Masters in November presents new challenge
- Police warn residents against violating restriction order in Niger
- Oyo govt. to establish energy centre to generate electricity