The defendants are Kunle Omisakin, 45; Adesiyan Lateef, 18; Adediran Abidemi, 35; Ajayi Segun, 30; Yekinni Taiwo, 18 and Dominic Sunday, 25.
The Prosecutor, Insp Sunday Osanyintuyi, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on Sunday at about 8:30 am at Sabo-Iremo area of Ile-Ife.
Osanyintuyi said that the defendants without excuse failed to comply with a restriction order aimed at checking the spread of COVID-19.
He added that the offence contravened Section 17(1) of the Quarantine Act Q2, Law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004, and the Public Health Law of Osun, 2002.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge of disobedience.
The Defence Counsel, Mrs Modupe Olufemi, applied for bail for the defendants, pledging that they would provide reliable sureties.
Magistrate Joseph Owolawi granted bail to the defendants in the sum of N100,000 with one surety each in like sum.
Owolawi added that the sureties, who must reside within the court’s jurisdiction, must also swear to an affidavit of means as well as produce three recent passport photographs each.
He adjourned the case till May 15 for hearing.
Edited By: Mufutau Ojo)
- No new case in New Zealand for eight consecutive days
- Int’l passenger air travel resumes in Slovenia’s capital
- Finland approves employment of additional non-EU agri-workers
- Chile to grant facilities to LATAM Airlines after bankruptcy announcement
- Slovenian parliament passes third coronavirus stimulus package
- Brazil registers world’s fifth highest death toll from COVID-19
- Uganda’s annual inflation down to 2.8 percent in May
- Daily life amid epidemic in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- China urges U.S. to stop using excuses to restrict, suppress Chinese students
- People watch movie at drive-in cinema at Port of Gruz in Croatia
- Bioparco zoo in Rome reopens with strict measures taken to curb spread of COVID-19
- Indian medics team visit COVID-19 hotspot area in Bangalore
- Hundreds in New York protest over George Floyd’s death
- Nubian ibexes seen in Mitzpe Ramon, southern Israel
- “Meet Vincent van Gogh” exhibition to reopen to public in Lisbon
- UN Security Council extends mandates of missions in Somalia, Iraq, Darfur
- UN rights body stresses need to combat stigmatization in COVID-19 fight, supports WHO’s leading role
- Havertz goal gives Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 win at Freiburg
- U.S. city Minneapolis imposes curfew amid violent protests over death of black man
- Gov. Makinde completes 307 projects in 1year, 236 others ongoing