Owumi made the disclosure in a statement signed by the Club Media Officer, Nobert Okolie in Enugu on Friday.
It would be recalled that the club prolific striker Ifeanyi George and two others died in a ghastly motor accident on their way to Lagos to spend the first break.
”With no information from the ruling football house in the country, NFF and the continued spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) around the country, there was no reason for the players to return.
“It is better that they stayed at home and engage on individual training, ” he said.
The GM advised the players to continue with the training regiment given to them by the coach, Salisu Yusuf.
”After a careful study of the health situation that the country is facing which led to the halting of football activities in the first place, Rangers management have decided to extend the break by two more weeks for the players safety.
”However, if there is an improvement in the situation of things, and football authorities announce resumption of football activities before the end of this extension, the players will be notified.
“We are in constant talks with our players and have continued to encourage them to keep to the training schedules given to them by the coach,” Owumi said.
”I believe that we shall soon overcome the pandemic and get back to the pitch to achieve the expected results this season, by God’s special grace,” the GM prayed.
NAN reports that Rangers management had a fortnight ago given a ten days break to the players after NFF suspended all football activities in the country due to the COVID-19 health challenge ravaging the world.
Edited By: Maureen Atuonwu
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Edo poll: AA, LP, ADC substitute candidates