The Victims Support Fund (VSF) Task Force on COVID-19 on Tuesday handed over medical consumables and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to support its campaign against COVID-19.
Presenting the materials in Abuja, Prof. Sunday Ochoche, the Executive Director of VSF, said that the items, which included medicine for primary and secondary medical care, would help curtail the pandemic.
According to Ochoche, the primary medicines consist of pain medication/analgesics, anti-malarials and multivitamins.
He said that the secondary care medications included anti-diabetes, and anti-hypertension drugs, while the medical devices were electronic sphygmomanometer as well as the glucometer and active test strips.
According to him, the PPE consist of surgical face masks, latex gloves, hand sanitisers, face masks antiseptic, bleach, soap and toilet cleaner.
Ochoche said that the Task Force on COVID 19 was inaugurated by the Chairman of the VSF, Retired Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, to provide palliative measures to Internally Displaced Persons and other vulnerable Nigerians.
Others, he added, were institutions and agencies that supported the national efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
“VSF remains committed to support national efforts in the global fight against the Corona Virus pandemic and to deploy sensitisation campaigns to advise the populace on the need to adhere to COVID-19 protocols in order to reduce the spread of the virus.
“The fund will continue to work to provide sucour to victims of insurgency and armed conflict in Nigeria, especially in the areas of livelihood and recovery, education and protection, infrastructural development as well as research and peace building,’’ he said.
Receiving the items on behalf of the FCT administration, Malan Noel Haruna, the Acting Director, Administration and Finance, commended the management of VSF for such it’s support and promised judicious use of the items.
Edited By: Angela Okisor/Tajudeen Atitebi (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others