In a bid to prevent spread of the COVID-19 pandemic to the state, the Zamfara Government has closed down Gurbinbore International Market in Zurmi Local Government Area.
Tunau is also the Chairman, Publicity Sub-Committee of the State Government’s Taskforce on Control and Prevention of COVID-19, under the leadership of the Speaker of the state house of assembly, Alhaji Nasiru Magarya.
“This is part of the preventive measures being taken by the state government, considering that there has been an outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Daura, Katsina and Niger Republic,’’ the Commissioner said.
He added that though the state had not recorded any COVID-19 case, the measure indicated the state government’s commitments towards protection of lives of its people.
According to him, the state government is making efforts to establish a 300-bed capacity isolation centre.
“The work is in progress and it is up to 80 per cent complete,’’ Tunau said.
He appealed to the people of the state to comply with the government’s directives regarding safety measures of improving hygiene and social distancing.
- U.S. VP Pence’s press secretary returns to work after testing positive
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low
- U.S. Texas further opens up amid pandemic
- LASG cautions developers against roads abuse
- Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
- Ratcliffe sworn in as U.S. spy chief
- COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai extends Kaduna lockdown by 2 weeks
- Romania to take new relaxation measures from June 1: minister
- PDP hails FG over successes against banditry, other crimes in Zamfara
- Roundup: New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
- New York governor rings opening bell at exchange as traders return
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Feature: Pandemic-hit Ecuador faces uncertain economic future, say experts
- ‘Presidential directive’ on 150 memos is fake news – Presidency
- 875 people commit suicide during lockdown period in Nepal
- 3 U.S. soldiers wounded in ambush attack in eastern Syria
- Tinubu commiserates with Telegraph Newspaper over Editor’s death
- COVID-19: Let’s put our trust in Allah to end pandemic – Ife Chief Imam
- Germany to extend contact restrictions untill June 29
- Bayern Munich with one hand on league title after 1-0 win at Dortmund