Chairman of National Association of Nigeria Nurses and MidwivesNANNMBauchi state chapterIbrahim Maikudihas called on the State government to providePersonal Protective Equipment (PPE)for nurses in the state.
PPE are protective wears used to guard against being infected by diseases or virus.
Maikudi, who made the appeal while addressing a press conference inBauchi on Wednesdaysaid nurses needed to protect themselves while discharging their duties
The appeal is coming bare 24 hours afterGov. Bala Mohammedof the state tested positive to the Coronavirus.
Maikudi said members of the association could not afford to take unnecessary risk considering the coronviru pandemic.
He said the association had mobilised it’s members to partake in the effort at curtailing the spread of the dread disease.
“While preparing and mobilising our members to be prepared in case they come in contact with patients, we also advised them to take safety measures while discharging their duties.
“We are calling on Bauchi government to provide PPE in the facilities across the state
He said that members had been directed to counsel their clients, families, friends and the general public on hand washing and social distancing to guard
against contracting COVID 19.
Edited Shuaib Sadiq
Watch Live News
- COVID-19: Immigration service disinfects facilities
- COVID-19: Mix reactions trail food sharing in parts of Kaduna
- COVID-19: SON deploys 29 free int’l standards on essential products
- Russia’s coronavirus rises to another 1,000 for third straight day
- 2 in court for allegedly stealing mobile phone
- Expert recommends consumption of clean water to prevent coronavirus
- Pandemic forces postponement of Canadian F1 Grand Prix
- COVID-19: Enugu residents transact businesses, defy sit-at-home order
- KWASU VC: Ilorin professors fault Offa counterpart on criticism for Akanbi’s appointment
- College felicitates with new KWASU VC