Enugu, April 29, 2019 The Commissioner of Police Enugu State, Mr Sulaiman Balarabe, has urged police officers and men to adhere to community policing tenets to ensure the swecurity of lives and property in their areas.
Balarabe gave the advice on Monday during his weekly lecture with Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) and senior officers of the Police Command in Enugu.
He said that community policing had been adjudged to be the best form of policing strategy, adding that it encouraged partnership with relevant stakeholders in the society.
According to him, DPOs and senior officers are encouraged to make use of members of their Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) and other relevant stakeholders within their areas of responsibility.
“Community policing tenets promote principles of pro-active policing as well as intelligent led policing,’’ he said.
The commissioner applauded the crime prevention efforts of the officers and men of the command.
He advised them to base raids of suspected criminal hideouts on intelligence information.
He also urged the personnel to intensify their stop-and-search activities with a view to recovering exhibits as well as arresting suspects.
Balarabe warned that raiding as well as stop and search activities should not be turned into extortion tools as anyone caught would be made to face disciplinary action.
“I have directed my monitoring unit and men of X-Squad of the command to fish such erring officer and men for necessary disciplinary action,’’ he added.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA