The Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) Plc on Tuesday launched a web-based application tagged “Regconnect” to ensure easier communication with registrars in the Nigerian capital market.
Mr Haruna Jalo-Waziri, CSCS Managing Director, said Regconnect, powered by CSCS, would transform and improve the user experience of registrars by providing an easy to use platform in information dissemination.
Jalo-Waziri said the application was developed having reviewed CSCS operations and methods of interaction with registrars to conform with global best practices.
He stated that prior to the solution, registrars could only connect with CSCS through a Data Exchange application that did not have the ability to process the data being submitted.
According to him, the application facilitates day-to-day processes regarding the maintenance of registers, with immediate validation of all data being submitted to ensure the accuracy of records and in less time.
“As part of our strategic pillars to automate and improve operational efficiency in the Nigerian capital market, the application will automate our interactions and improve CSCS connection with the registrars’ community.
“Usage of the Regconnect platform comes at no cost to all Registrars.
“It is an advanced replacement for the Data Exchange platform currently in use.
“It allows seamless integration with Registrar’s live data by offering end-to-end and system-to-system data exchange between CSCS and Registrars,” he said.
Mr Bayo Olugbemi, the Chief Executive Officer, First Registrars and Investor Services Ltd., who is also the President & Chairman of Council, Institute of Capital Market Registrars (ICMR), commended the initiative.
Olugbemi, said the introduction of the solution to the Nigerian capital market was a welcome development and would ensure efficiency in service delivery.
He stated that the solution would reduce processing time, enable swift communication between registrars and CSCS, as well as enhance seamless data transmission.
“Regconnect will give registrar total control over their use of the solution by offering an entity-based operational structure where each entity manages their access rights and operations,” Olugbemi said.
He added that the solution would grant registrars the ability to validate data right from their offices.
Also speaking, Mr Obong Idiong, the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Africa Prudential, commended CSCS for collaborating with registrars to develop the solution.
He said, “We are in the digital era, therefore, it is good to see that there has been an upgrade on the Data Exchange Solution which was in use before now.”
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Data Exchange application and Regconnect solution are being run on a parallel deployment until December 2019, when total switch over to Regconnect occur.
CSCS is a public limited liability company incorporated on July 29, 1992 under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 and commenced operations on April 14, 1997.
It acts as a depository for equities, corporate bonds, federal government savings bonds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and mutual funds.
Edited by Olawunmi Ashafa/Salif Atojoko
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges