The Head of Communications, EEDC, Mr Emeka Ezeh, disclosed this to the Nigeria News Agency in Enugu.
Ezeh noted that the exercise was part of activities lined-up in commemoration of this year’s Customer Service Week (CSW) that coincided with the World Sight Day.
He said that the gesture was the “company’s little way of giving back to her customers, using the occasion of the Customer Service Week to appreciate them for their support and patronage over the years.
Dr Tochukwu Ibeje, Director of View of Hope Specialist Hospital, Owerri, who lead a team of ophthalmologist to EEDC office in Enugu, told NAN that the most common eye defect the customers had was cataract.
Ibeje said, “We also advised most of the customers diagnosed with cataract to seek quick medical attention on it.
“We also advised customers, especially those above 40 to ensure that they do routine eye check even when they do not have eye challenge in the first place.’’
NAN reports that the week-long CSW event started on Monday, with a formal launching by the Chief Operating Officer of EEDC, Mr. Maruthi Kumar, who charged staff to be more professional and customer-focused.
The theme of this year’s CSW is: “The Magic of Service”, and that informed why the Executive Management staff of the company took turns to attend to customers, while visits were made to Maximum Demand and Non Maximum Demand customers. (NAN)
Edited by Felix Ajide
- Woman prays court to grant her custody of 2-yr son
- Court remands labourer for allegedly defiling neighbour’s daughter
- NYSC SAED will prepare you for the challenges of unemployment, Okpongete charges corps members
- 14 political parties to participate in Adamawa local council election
- NASA tracks swarm of asteroids zooming toward earth at breakneck speed
- Cleric urges Nigerians to pray for leaders irrespective of differences
- Kogi guber: Attack on SDP secretariat a threat to democracy – Ondo SDP
- EU lawyer: Jailed Catalan leader should have EU parliament immunity
- Asylum seekers cannot lose shelter, food as punishment – EU court
- Kaduna Govt., CS-SUNN train committee on effective nutrition coordination
- Bayelsa poll: Court disqualifies APC deputy governorship candidate over false information
- World Pneumonia Day: Nigeria contributes highest number of child pneumonia globally – UNICEF
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility