Mr Benjamin Lamba, the Public Relations Officers for the service in Niger Area Command, who disclosed in a statement on Thursday, said that the rice was worth N11.9 million.
Lamba warned smugglers and their accomplices to steer clear the command as its vigilant personnel would not allow arms, rice and cars to be smuggled through its area of supervision.
“It is worrisome that some Nigerians remain unrepentant even as they continue to lose their goods through smuggling business,’’ he said.
He said the command had adopted measures to detect tactics of smugglers but appealed to stakeholders to volunteer information that would help in apprehending those involved in illegal trades.
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism