Former Czech Republic Milan Baros will retire from football when the season ends, his club Banik Ostrava said on Friday.
The 38-year-old Baros said Achilles tendon pain made it impossible for him to train or play.
In 2005, Baros won the UEFA Champions League with Liverpool, a year after he was top scorer at Euro 2004 in Portugal.
With 41 international goals, only Jan Koller has scored more for the Czech Republic.
Baros also played for Aston Villa, Galatasaray, Mlada Boleslav and Slovan Liberec.
Edited By: Olawale Alabi) (NAN)
- Edo election: APC ward chairman dumps party for PDP
- COVID-19: Five states account for 60% of cases – PTF
- FG inaugurates Gas Network Code to deepen gas market
- Police nab fake soldier in Delta
- Gunmen kills 13 villagers in Benue – Police
- Civil servants docked over alleged cybercrime, get N10m bail
- How 16 people perish on Badagry waterways — Survivor
- Gov. Masari bans NGOs from IDPs camps
- My mission is to ensure businesses thrive in Eastern Ports – CP
- Akintola family appreciates Buhari for naming Railway Station after their patriarch