Czech striker Sural of Turkey’s Alanyaspor killed in bus crash — Club
Sural, Czech international and Alanyaspor striker, died at the hospital where he and six of his teammates were taken after the crash, the club said on Twitter.
Seven Alanyaspor players had rented a VIP minibus to return from the club’s 1-1 draw against Kayserispor on Sunday and the bus crashed some 5 km from the southern coastal town of Alanya, Turkey’s state-run Anadolu news agency said.
The rest of the club’s players and staff had either returned with the team’s bus or on their own, Anadolu said.
It said that the driver of the VIP bus had been detained following the accident and an investigation had been launched.
Club Chairman, Hasan Cavusoglu, was quoted as saying that the driver had fallen asleep behind the wheel of the minibus while a second driver was also asleep at the time.
“According to information I received from our police chief, despite there being two drivers on the vehicle, they were both asleep.
“The crash happened as a result of them both being asleep,” Anadolu quoted Cavusoglu as saying.
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study