Music superstar Davido
Abuja, March 13, 2019 Popular Nigerian singer, David Adeleke a.k.a. Davido is to perform at the 11th Roots Picnic headlining the 20th Anniversary celebration of The Root’s classic album, `Things Fall Apart’ on June 1 in Philadelphia.
The boss of DMW with 9.9 million followers took to his Instagram handle @davidoofficial to announce to his fans with a bold flier of the event.
The Roots Picnic is an annual music festival created and hosted by American Hip Hop Group cum Grammy Award winners hip `The Roots.’
The festival which is a sell out every year would be held at The Mann at Fairmount Park, Philadelphia.
Co-founder, Shawn Gee, and manager of The Roots serves as executive producer of the festival.
Other artists to perform include 38 year-old New York born broadcaster, former rapper and song writer, Joseph Anthony Budden II a.k.a. Joe Budden Podcast and 26 year-old London born Shéyaa Bin Abraham-Joseph a.k.a. 21 savage.
Others are 24 year-old Atlanta born rapper Dominique Jones a.k.a. Lil Baby, 21 year-old California born R&B singer Gabriella Wilson a.k.a H.E.R., The Roots and many more.
However, genres during the festival include R&B, Hip Hop, Hard Rock, Blues, and contemporary.
Others are Jazz, Reggae, Rock, Indie, Bluegrass, country and many others.
The festival which held on June 7, 2008 is a one-day event but was expanded for two days in 2012.
Tickets would go on sale from Friday March 15 at noon. However, everyone over two years of age is expected to get a pass and no chair would be allow, only blanket.
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units
- Kebbi Govt. sets up health committee to humanitarian crisis
- Igboeze South LG spends N250m to construct 1.5km road, others
- Customers express concerns on implementation of e-bills by Ikeja Electric
- DMO puts Nigeria’s debt profile at N25.7 trn
- 34 Ijegun residents benefit free medical surgeries, 350 from eye screening
- Zidane defends Bale after flag criticism
- Insecurity: Ex-Police I-G Abubakar calls for synergy between security agencies
- Buhari receives NIPSS Report on Universal Healthcare, pledges action
- 2 protesters killed, 25 injured in Baghdad unrest
- Banky W announce return to music with new album in 2020
- Liverpool manager Klopp sweating on Salah fitness ahead of Palace trip
- Navy hands over smuggled rice, vegetable oil to customs
- Market closure: We lost over N500m, Kaduna traders cry out
- China reiterates commitment to cultural relations with Nigeria
- NPC begins 2019 VASA survey in Gombe, solicits stakeholders’ support
- Wellness expert advises Nigerians on healthy lifestyle to reduce stress
- Hong Kong mask ban temporarily returns as court reviews law
- 1072 persons benefits from Foundation’s free eye care in Edo
- 2 car dealers docked over alleged N800, 000 fraud
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to promote faith in Buddhist Thailand
- Polio immunisation: Kano targets over 3m children -Commissioner
- Man in court for allegedly stealing snail, bitter cola
- NGO trains 50 litreracy facilitators in Ebonyi
- Traditional ruler appeals to FG to accord priority to roads across Nigeria
- Agege council to build artistes’ village to engage talented youths
- Yuletide: Enugu CP urges synergy among security agencies