Afropop singer David ‘Davido’ Adeleke and American pop singer, Chris Brown have released their anticipated collaboration, ‘Blow My Mind’.
Nigeria News Agency reports that Davido tweeted the song’s release on Friday via his handle iam_davido. He said, “Blow my mind out now.”
The collaboration was first teased on July 12 when Davido posted the cover art showing himself and Chris Brown animated with smokes puffing off the top of their heads.
Following the announcement, fans had been eager to listen to award-winning Chris Brown’s take on Afrobeats.
Brown is an award-winning singer and actor who has sold over 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists.
Throughout his career, Brown has won several awards, including a Grammy Award, 15 BET Awards, four Billboard Music Awards, and six Soul Train Music Awards.
According to Billboard, Brown has the seventh most Hot 100 entries on the chart with 93.
Following the release of the song, which also coincided with Burna Boy’s ‘African Giant’ album release, fans took to twitter to express diverse reactions.
@Damidurosumbo said, “Song is mind blowing.”
@Mr_saltan tweeted, “This jam na original. Baba made Chris to speak pigin #KingDavido.”
@Sheddyking_ said, “You made a classic.. Just know.”
@Jonahandy8 said, “Nice one boss, you always on point, representing your fatherland.”
Edited by Ekemini Ladejobi
Davido’s dedication inspires young talents, says budding artiste
A budding artiste, Marcel Obute, has described music star, David Adeleke (a.k.a. Davido), as an inspiration to many youths through his dedication, achievements and encouragement of young talents.
Obute, with stage name, D Masel, said on Wednesday that Adeleke’s dedication to music was much.
Obute, a student of music in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos.
He said that Adeleke encouraged young artistes to do their best.
Obute called on other established artistes to emulate the famous musician in lifting young artistes.
NAN reports that Adeleke, a singer, songwriter and record producer, is trending with his recent release of chat-topping songs.
Obute said that Adeleke’s achievements had made him to be focused on his career.
“My best artiste is Davido, the boss of Davido Music Worldwide. His dedication to music inspires me and makes me want to achieve more with music.
“Davido also loves helping young artistes. He always says: ‘We rise by lifting others’. He does not hesitate to help young artistes especially if he sees that you have the passion and talent.
“He signed in Mayorkun in 2014 following his effort in playing a piano version of one of his (Davido’s) oldest songs at the time.
“Artistes like Davido are rare, and I believe he should be used as a point of reference for those losing focus on their musical career,” said.
Obute advised those desiring to have a career in music to learn to play at least a musical instrument.
According to him, playing a musical instrument gives an artiste relevance.
Obute, who sings, plays keyboard, trumpet, guitar, drum set and some other instruments, said that passion for playing musical instruments led him to study music.
“What inspired me to choose music is the passion I have for playing musical instruments.
“I had always wanted to play a musical instrument. When I got a keyboard, my passion for music became unstoppable which led me into studying it as a course in the university.
“It is a good thing to know how to sing and also handle musical instruments. Look at people such as the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti and Victor Olaiya, their relevance in the music industry was much,” he said.
Edited By: Josephine Obute/Ijeoma Popoola (NAN)
Davido pens heart warming message to celebrate Chioma on her birthday
Music superstar, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has penned a heartwarming message to celebrate his fiancée and mother of his son, Chioma Rowland, on her birthday.
This was on a post he shared via his Instagram page, @davido official page on Thursday morning.
The DMW Records CEO posted a beautiful photo of Chioma and described his yet-to-be-wife as the strongest woman he has ever met in his life.
According to the ‘Blow my mind’ crooner, the lockdown has disrupted plans to turn the city upside down.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE STRONGEST WOMAN I KNOW !!! @thechefchi !!! Ohhhh Man if we wasn’t on lockdown u already know we for turn the city upside down!!
!!!! My dear wife, may your birthday be as happy as you have made me. AND THATS ON GANG ! #1 CRO
In January 2018, Davido made it known to the world that he was in a relationship after he took the chef to a private family event in Ede, Osun state.
After the trip to Osun state, Davido and Chioma became an item as he showed her off on social media as the relationship became an admiration to his fans.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the would-be husband announced his intention to marry Chioma in 2020.
He also shared pictures of his introduction ceremony with Chioma’s family, asking friends to get set for the big event.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
Davido’s partner, Chioma recovers from coronavirus
Nigerian music artiste David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has disclosed that his fiancée, Chioma, has tested negative for coronavirus after 23 days of contracting the virus.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Davido disclosed this in a series of tweets on his Twitter handle.
The “Assurance” crooner explained that Chioma tested negative twice for the infection.
He said: “Glory be to God … Chioma has now tested negative twice for Covid19 … Thank you all for prayers …We love you”.
NAN recalled that the ace single had on March 27, Davido took to his twitter page to announce that his partner and mother of his son,Ifeanyi, had tested positive for coronavirus.
According to him, the duo and their close associates decided to go for coronavirus test because of their recent travel history, even without symptoms, and Chioma was the only one who tested positive.
The development, however generated reactions from Davido’s fans and industry watchers on social media with many expressing sympathy and prayed for speedy recovery of Chioma.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
Fans commend Davido’s effort in promoting Dremo’s album
American-born Nigerian singer, Davido has continued to receive commendations for staying up all night to promote, Dremo, his signee.
Dremo, Aboriomoh Femi Raymond, is a Nigerian rapper signed to Davido Music Worldwide record label and had just released an album titled; “Codename Volume 2”.
Davido, born David Adeleke, however took to his Twitter account @davido to announce the release of the album on Friday, 12 a.m. and promoted it all night.
“DA TRACKLIST 4 CV2 !!! @dremodrizzy!!! Catch me on track 9 MABEL FT ME!!!! WE GO LIVE BY 12 a.m.!!!! PICK UR PILL!! BLUE OR RED!!
“CODE NAME VOLUME 2 out by MIDNITE!! PRE-ORDER LINK IN MY BIO!! @dremodrizzy!!!!!!! CRAZY BODY OF WORK CANT WAIT FOR YALL TO HEAR!!!” Davido tweeted.
Davido, who had been popular for his words “we rise by lifting others”, kept the energy all night while promoting the 12 track album.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the album included collaborations with Davido, Falz, Naira Marley, Sinzu, Peruzzi, Idowest, Lil Frosh, The Flowolf and Knucklez.
@localmanturner tweeted “Davido will help you and still hype you. Father Lord I need a Davido in my life too”
JORDAN @Talk2jordan_lee tweeted at 6:54 AM saying; “Who stays up all night just to promote his artistes album? DAVIDO, yes DAVIDO. That’s my king.
Tobi Samuel Snow @iam_foleymessi) tweeted at 7:59 AM “Davido stayed all night promoting Dremo his artiste. I love this man!!!”
THE BENJAMIN’S @i_am_hbozz tweeted; “Davido hasn’t slept since last night. We all need a BOSS like him by our side supporting us.”
Wande @BlaccMajek tweeted “See as Davido dey Promote Dremo Album. That’s The Energy We All Want. Promote Your Artistes”
Damilare @DamilareOficial tweeted; “I’ll be doing what Davido has been doing for Dremo since last night till this time retweeting and promoting till today. Promote your artistes, Davido is the real baddest.”
Simi’s Number one Fan @Kaykeed tweeted; “You see how Davido is rooting for Dremo. That’s the kind of love you should pray for! DAVIDO IS THE REAL ONE. tbh.”
Davido has, however, been trending on Twitter with over 51 million tweets on how record label owners should promote their artistes.
Edited By: Abiodun Esan/Peter Ejiofor) (NAN)
Davido goes into self-isolation as partner, Chioma, tests positive for coronavirus
Ace Nigerian music star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, says he has decided to go into self-isolation as his fiancée, Chioma, has tested positive to the coronavirus.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Davido disclosed this in a series of tweets on Friday evening on his verified Twitter handle.
The “Assurance” crooner explained that the duo recently returned to Nigeria from their foreign trips without symptoms.
They, however, decided to take the COVID-19 test alongside close associates.
He said: “I came back recently from America after cancelling (my) tour.
“My fiancée Chioma also came back from London recently with our baby.
“We had no symptoms and still both feel perfectly fine but because of our recent travel history, we decided to take ourselves and our close associates we’ve come in recent contact with for the COVID-19 test on the 25th of March.
“Unfortunately, my fiancée’s result came back positive while all 31 others tested negative, including our baby.
“We are however doing perfectly fine and she is even still yet to show any symptoms whatsoever.
“She is now being quarantined and I have also gone into full self-isolation for the minimum 14 days.
“I want to use this opportunity to thank you all for your endless love and prayers in advance and to urge everyone to please stay at home as we control the spread of this virus.
“Together we can beat this.”
NAN reports that the development has generated reactions from Davido’s fans and industry watchers on Twitter, with many expressing sympathy and praying for speedy recovery of Chioma.
Engineer Tolu @tolutezzy wrote: “Davido’s Chioma is tested positive for Covid-19, This is disheartening , what is the assurance I don’t have or you don’t have too because some of us have not done test.
“ Please I think this is the right time for all of us to stay at home and isolate ourself for 14 days…”
Danny [email protected]Walter wrote: ”We cover Chioma and Davido with the Blood of Jesus…”
Also, @AsiwajuLerry said: “ Davido just confirmed that Chioma is positive for Coronavirus, a nursing mother fgs. Can this Disease stop already???
“Stay Safe David and the rest of the family.Wishing her Quick Recovery as well.”
Another Twitter [email protected]wrote:”Oh….Davido’s fiancé, Chioma has tested positive for Covid-19 ! Apparently she’s not showing any symptoms but David has decided to go into isolation for 14 days.
“They were all at Mayorkun’s crib for his birthday. The whole DMW crew needs to self isolate! No joke!!”
Edited By: Mufutau Ojo)
Davido’s wife/fiancee, Chioma tests positive to coronavirus
Nigerian Afrobeats star Davido has announced that his fiancé Chioma has tested positive for the new coronavirus. Chioma, according to Davido, recently returned from the United Kingdom with their baby.
The baby tested negative, the singer said. In a series of tweets detailing the reveal, he stated that “he decided to take ourselves and our all close associates we’ve come in recent contact with for the COVID-19 test on the 25th of March.”
“Hey everyone ! I came back recently from America after cancelling tour. My fiancé Chioma also came back from London recently with our baby. We had no symptoms and still both feel perfectly fine but because of our recent travel history we decided to take ourselves and our all close associates we’ve come in recent contact with for the COVID-19 test on the 25th of March.
Unfortunately, my fiancé’s results came back positive while all 31 others tested have come back negative including our baby. We are however doing perfectly fine and she is even still yet to show any symptoms whatsoever. She is now being quarantined and I have also gone into full self isolation for the minimum 14 days. I want to use this opportunity to thank you all for your endless love and prayers in advance and to urge everyone to please stay at home as everyone to please stay at home as we control the spread of this virus! Together we can beat this!
With this, they become the first Nigerian celebrities to publicly confirm their statuses.
It should be recalled that Davido was at Ibadan, Oyo state where he performed and clubbed after his return to the country, a move that attracted attacks from social media users.
Three cases of the virus have been confirmed in the state since then, with two of them announced on Friday by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
The virus has infected over 500, 000 people worldwide with more 16, 000 deaths recorded. In Nigeria, 70 cases have been confirmed. Three of them have been discharged and only one death recorded
Davido posts “marriage’’ picture
Popular Nigerian singer, songwriter and producer, David Adeleke, popularly known as “Davido” has posted a controversial picture online, showing himself and partner, Chioma dressed in a traditional attire that looks like a marriage attire.
Davido posted the picture on his official Instagram page, Tuesday, @davidoofficial , on Tuesday and captioned it “1MILLI !!!’’
The post has generated thousands of likes and comments on social media within few minutes of uploading it.
Some people think that Davido has done a secret traditional wedding with Chioma, who recently gave birth to a baby boy for him in the U.S.
Others believe that it was just a video shoot. Recently some of Davido’s fans said that the talented artiste shot a video for one of his songs and used Chioma as a video vixen.
However, the picture has sparked reactions from social media users as many of his friends and fans are congratulating him on his successful marriage to Chioma, as seen below :
@brodashaggi “Now I’m crying, David, you know I’m very emotional “
@Sholy 23 “Wow this is crazy cool , am happy for you bro, love win one day “
@iniedo expressed herself with a love emoji
@eniola_badmus “je ka gbadura”
@iamharrysong “expressed himself with a love emoji “
@daddyfreeze “Bless your union”
David Adeleke was born on Nov. 21, 1992. He is a Nigerian singer, who came to the limelight when he released his song “Dami duro “and released his second single from his debut studio album “Omo Baba Olowo” in 2012.
In January 2019, Davido’s concert sold out in the O2 Arena in London, becoming the first African solo artiste to achieve the feat.
Edited By: Emmanuel Okara/Ifeyinwa Omowole
Davido, Teni others thrill fans at Access bank Lagos marathon
Security official had torrid time controlling the crowd as they battled to catch a glimpse of the Ace Musician, David Adeleke (Davido) one of the guest musicians at 2020 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the “30 billion Gang crooner, Davido, had the last performance to the admiration of the fans who but continued to ask for more.
Davido performed most of his hit songs, such as Chioma, 30 billion naira, E ma Dami Duro and others.
Before Davido came, the rave of the moment, Teniola Apata, popularly known as Teni, also dished out her numerous songs to entertain her fans.
Some of her songs included , Billionaire, For Your Case, Meyo and others.
NAN reports that 31-year-old Kenyan long distance runner, David Bamarssai won the race with a prize money of the 5th Access Bank Lagos City 42km Marathon with the time of 2;10:23
Kenya’s Sharon Jemutai Cherop became the First Woman to Finish the marathon also.
Guests at the presentation ceremony included, Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen. Yusuf Buratai, Chairman and Lagos State Sports Commission, (LSSC), Sola Ayepeku.
Others included, the Chairman Nilayo Sports, organisers of the event, Bukola Olopade, Director General, LSSC, Oluwatoyin Gafar among others.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/ Ekemini Ladejobi
Music review: Davido drops unimpressive single in New Year
After a successful 2019, Superstar Nigerian Singer and Song Writer, David Adedeji Adeleke, aka Davido, has opened the year with a new song titled ‘2020 Letter To You.’
The song kicked off with Davido advising and encouraging his listeners in his lyrics.
He sang, “Manage your state, magnify your office, comport yourself. Be true to yourself, I live this life at a pace that any man can go. Know your place and dedicate your role, to the fate that you will die alone.”
Truly, the first verse did pass across a message to listeners in a creative way, advising listeners to improve on themselves. But as the song went on, the singer missed it all on the second verse.
His writing skill on the second verse was a little bit shallow, the lyrics were random and not brainy. It was as though he was saying just anything that popped in his head.
The song does not have the potential of becoming a hit and even the singer by now should have realised that. The rhythm, beat and lyrics sound too mediocre. More so, his lyrics on the second verse was not in line with the first verse.
The song could get a “thumbs up” from some music lovers considering the fact that some Nigerian music listeners were sometimes sentimental, especially when a song was coming from a prominent artist, not minding if the artist was really communicating on the song or not.
The single, which was produced by Vsix, had also received mixed feelings from fans on social media as some music lovers expected more from the singer.
Unfortunately, the music star decided to start off the year with a simple freestyle structured song to motivate his fans.
However, there were speculations on social media that Davido was trying to ‘shade’ someone on his lyrics. This was said considering the song was dropped amidst the recent saga between Peruzzi (his record label artist) and Patrick Anyaene (onetime Peruzzi manager).
Davido is a great artist and he had won multiple awards so far in his music career. He had been consistent in the music industry for almost ten years, his hard work and musical talent, undeniably brought him this far. His musical prowess is unquestionable but his job on the newly released single was more like a back pedal for the music giant.
Undoubtedly, the music star had an exceptional 2019 as he did not only sold out ‘The 02 Arena’ in London but also released ‘Blow my mind’, a song featuring American singer, Chris Brown.
The video to the song amassed one million views in 11 hours, making it the fastest Nigerian music video to gain the most views within the first 24 hours of its release.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Wale Ojetimi
- Pastor drums support for security agencies
- PPPRA removes price cap on petrol
- Chelsea set to sign Germany forward Werner
- 3 brothers in Police net over alleged murder of woman in Abuja
- Tinubu describes Olumilua as servant leader committed to national unity
- NNPC to deepen business portfolios in power, medical
- NY Times writers condemn decision to run op-ed on mobilising military
- Insecurity: Air chief visits Zamfara, seeks support on intelligence gathering
- Unilag VC urges stakeholders to support project, programme or student
- COVID-19: FG partners with WAHO to transport supplies – Minister
- Okowa pledges to connect Delta with roads, bridges for economic growth
- COVID-19: A’Ibom Assembly makes e-learning training mandatory for teachers
- Large Black Lives Matter protest in Sweden amid virus warnings
- Air Chief commends personnel over activities in North West
- Merkel evades question about Trump’s role in polarising United States society
- COVID-19: FG receives test kits, others from IAEA
- Ministry says will decontaminate schools in 6 geopolitical zones
- COVID-19: Ooni of Ife donates motorised fumigators to Enugu Govt.
- Lagos discharges 24 more coronavirus patients
- Post COVID-19 economy stimulus: Osinbajo’s committee confers with NASS
- Greater Seoul under threat of further spread, high alert over ‘silent’ virus spreaders
- See your appointment as call to service – Makinde charges newly sworn-in appointees
- Kaduna Govt consults stakeholders on steps to reopen economy
- Oyo gets new Customary Court of Appeal President
- Engineers, govts, other professionals should partner for national devt – Don
- Lockdown: Market leaders urge LASG to allow daily operations
- Concerns grow in S. Korea over wearing of face masks as temperature rises
- Enugu lawmaker decries alleged invasion of constituency by Ebonyi communities
- Vaccines group raises $8.8b for immunisation plans for poor countries
- Moshood Abiola Staduim to undergo facelift soon — Minister
- 8 Policemen, one civilian feared killed in Kogi bank robbery
- India pledges $15m to international vaccine alliance
- FG to build 500 houses for IDPs in Zamfara, Borno, Katsina, Adamawa
- Ajimobi mourns ex-Gov. Olumilua
- Gates Foundation pledges $2 Bln to Gavi for vaccines
- NCDC releases new guidelines on COVID-19 patients’ treatment, discharge
- Woman dies in Anambra road accident
- Somalia set to resume domestic flights
- Lagos govt. reopens religious centres June 19
- Roundup: Kenyans ready for partial lifting of COVID-19 restrictions
- Edo Gov. Poll: Rep Chinda chairs PDP screening committee
- LAWMA reaffirms collaboration with Environment Ministry, stakeholders for cleaner Lagos
- Oman reports 778 new COVID-19 cases, 14,316 in total
- Around 5.2 pct of Spanish population infected by coronavirus: study
- Albanian parliament OKs 650-mln-euro Eurobond
- Sterling Bank ‘Doubble.Ng’ offers investors 100% returns – Official
- FG appoints Prof. Regina Ogali as acting VC UNIPORT
- 1st LD Writethru: UN Security Council extends mandate of Darfur mission, sets up follow-on presence
- Jordan to open most economic sectors, further ease movement restrictions
- COVID-19: NOA intensifies campaign, seeks media collaboration against spread
- Niger govt. inaugurates 2020 farming season, subsidizes inputs
- Google highlights historic heritage of Africa
- Finland proposes changes to EU recovery package
- Face coverings to be mandatory on public transport in England as UK COVID-19 deaths hit 39,904
- Ondo Assembly cautions youths against uncouth character
- Lawmaker urges rape victims to speak out
- Israeli scientists find way to overcome melanoma cells’ drug resistance
- Kyrgyzstan prepares for resuming international flights
- Nigerian Army donates vehicle to NIPR
- Morocco confirms 81 new COVID-19 cases, 8,003 in total
- FG ‘ll continue campaign for productivity, better governance – Information Minister
- United States jobless claims climb by 1.88 mln last week amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: Unilorin mosques remain close – Chief Imam
- Ekiti APC mourns ex-Governor Olumilua
- Enugu Assembly confirms re-appointment of Emeka Odo as BIR chairman
- NiDCOM, Lebanese embassy collaborate to return stranded Nigerians
- Palestinian National Council stresses ending agreements with Israel, United States
- Insecurity: House of Reps invites NSA, security chiefs, IGP, DSS
- 20-odd airlines to resume flights to and from Cyprus
- Sports Festival: Oyo govt. rewards 2018 athletes, officials with N39m
- Weekly storage of natural gas in United States up 3.9 pct: EIA
- FCTA issues guidelines for reopening places of worship
- Actors Guild set to eradicate sexual abuses in Nollywood —- National President
- 19 IS militants killed in airstrikes by int’l coalition aircraft in Iraq
- Death: Cleric admonishes Nigerians to live exemplary lives
- Ukrainian parliament appoints new deputy PM for Euro-Atlantic integration
- Italy’s COVID-19 death toll rises by 88 to 33,689
- Normal life in Tunisia resuming after lifting of COVID-19 lockdown
- Olumilua ruled with fear of God, love for masses – Rep
- Legislative, Judiciary Funds bills will promote democratic ideals – Ogun lawmakers
- MWAN leads online protest over murder of UNIBEN student
- Police arrests man over alleged rape of 85-year-old woman in Niger
- S. African gov’t to appeal court ruling invalidating some lockdown regulations
- Anambra poll: Aspirant urges PDP to reconsider zoning of ticket
- Police Command rescues kidnapped mother of Yenagoa LGA Chairman, SPDC workers
- Ethiopian food delivery startup rides to restaurants’ rescue
- UN condemns attacks on aid workers in Cameroon’s restive Anglophone regions
- Urgent: Burundian court confirms Evariste Ndayishimiye’s victory in presidential election
- ‘Chernobyl’ tops TV award list as BAFTA lines up live show
- Firemen rescue 30-year-old man from well in Kano
- Nigerian air force confirms killing of over 300 bandits in NW region
- African govt to appeal ruling declaring some COVID-19 measures invalid
- India pledges 15 million USD to international vaccine alliance
- Nigeria bourse succumbs to profit taking, loses N50bn
- COVID-19 lockdown shrinks S. African economy
- Edo Assembly condoles with APC Youth Leader over father’s death
- United States Navy veteran leaves Iran after nearly two-year custody
- FCTA minister says renovation of 12 PHCs will be completed soon
- COVID-19: PTF decries refusal of citizens on contact tracing, isolation
- Turkey, Libya to enhance cooperation in Eastern Mediterranean: Turkish president
- Boko Haram: Drivers offer free rides to returning residents of Auno
- COVID-19: NGO donates kits worth N500,000 to Badagry Council
- Namibia to introduce more refined basic income grant
- BudgIT seeks improved standardisation of Open Treasury portal
- South Sudan denies offering Egyptian military base bordering Ethiopia
- Erdogan says Turkey to increase support for Libya’s Serraj
- COVID-19: Nasarawa lifts ban on commercial motorcycles, open markets
- COVID -19: Gov.’s wife trains 60 women on face masks, hand sanitisers production in Zamfara
- 2nd LD Writethru: ECB expands pandemic purchase program by 600 bln euros
- Spain backtracks on decision to open land borders before end of June
- UN Decade of Action: Stakeholders harp on enforcement, education to reduce road accidents
- Heavy rains, floods leave 10 killed in southeastern Yemen: official
- Fayose, Olujimi mourn passage of Olumilua, ex-Ondo gov.
- FBNQuest educates Nigerians on estate planning, wealth transfer
- Operation Katsina: Military eliminates 392 bandits since commencement of operation – DHQ
- UN Security Council extends mandate of Darfur mission, sets up follow-on presence
- Kaduna draws modalities on safe reopening of state
- Urgent: UK COVID-19 deaths hit 39,904 as another 176 patients die
- Kaduna Electric urges public to disregard energy allocation on social media
- Lebanon to create fund to support local SMEs with financial problems
- NPA expects 17 ships with petroleum products, others at Lagos Ports
- Interview: China’s global stewardship key to revitalizing biodiversity conservation: UNEP
- India gov’t releases funds to states to meet expenditures, pay salaries
- Power: Senate probes N1.8trn intervention fund
- Banditry: Don’t give breathing space to bandits –Chief of Air Staff urges NAF Special Forces
- Security heightened in Sri Lanka as 2-day nationwide curfew gets underway
- COVID-19: Group donates hygiene packs to NUJ
- Passenger numbers at Portuguese airports down 15.4 pct in Q1
- COVID-19: Group wants adequate preparations by NFF before resumption of domestic league
- Thai agriculture ministry to join hands with Chinese e-commerce giant to tap into international online market
- Eastern forces quit Libyan capital after year-long assault
- Lockdown: NSCDC in Kaduna arrest 21 suspects in hotels
- Angola redoubles border surveillance amid fears of reported Ebola cases in DR Congo
- Osun Assembly pledges improved public works, transportation
- Roundup: Young Japanese being hit by new wave of COVID-19 infections in Tokyo
- One NYPD officer stabbed, two shot in hand during attack
- Kudirat Abiola: Women Arise marks 24 years remembrance of late MKO’s wife
- UK new car sales collapse in May as lockdown continues to impact market
- 76% COVID-19 patients in Kano male – official
- FOMWAN condemns murder of Bello, seeks probe of cases
- C’River commissioner tasks newly elected LG chairmen on leadership
- Financial autonomy will radically transform state judiciary – Ex-NBA chairman
- COVID-19: NOA begins motorised sensitisation in Nasarawa
- Thai gov’t hints at allowing reopening of high-risk businesses for next phase of lockdown relaxation
- N3.9bn Light project: Kwara Legislature demands prosecution of Ahmed, Ogunshola
- Buhari mourns ex-Governor Bamidele Olumilua
- UK defends digital service tax against United States investigation
- Correctional Service to establish studios to record inmates’ evidence, says AGF
- 9 ships expected at Delta ports – NPA
- Indian state allows inter-district transport within Mumbai Metropolitan region
- Face masks made mandatory at Danish airports
- Economic institutes, industry welcome Germany’s stimulus package
- OPEC+ cuts responsible for current oil market stability — Barkindo
- Japan gov’t seek measures to combat cyber-bullying, eyes new legislation
- ASEAN, China, Japan, S.Korea vow to keep open markets against COVID-19 epidemic
- LCCI, MAN praise CBN’s bailout funds for economic recovery
- Obaseki announces Ohonbamu’s replacement as Commissioner for information
- Thailand develops odour-proof boxes to store durian for international shipments
- It’s up to states to choose type of guber primary to adopt, says Edo APC Chairman
- Ekiti Speaker pays tributes to late Olumilua
- COVID-19: patient absconds from Jos isolation centre – WHO
- Meghan Markle says George Floyd’s life “mattered”
- COVID-19: Kwara commends FG for donating vehicles to epidemiology unit
- Buhari’s agricultural revolution to create 5m jobs, inject $10bn into economy
- Edo: Court fixes June 17 for hearing of suit to bar Ize-Iyamu from APC screening
- Oyo police seek information on killers of 18-yr-old Bello
- Court sentences 2 drug traffickers to 6 months imprisonment each
- Sancho, other Borussia Dortmund players under fire over haircut photos
- More integrated bonded areas approved in China to stabilise foreign trade
- Senegal to ease coronavirus curfew as protests spread to capital
- UN needs 103 mln USD to support Mozambique in pandemic, violence response
- Rwanda’s border town Rusizi partly put under strict lockdown following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lockdown: PCN commences enforcement activities
- Spanish Ministry of Culture to open museums on June 9
- Lebanon’s number of COVID-19 infections rises to 1,306
- Okowa congratulates Gov. Diri at 61
- ICT expert urges stakeholders to exploit online platforms for virtual meetings
- 1 dead, 12 injured in Kano accident
- UK PM urges funding, global cooperation in virtual Global Vaccine Summit
- Jombo Ofo, S’East rep in PSC is dead
- Ogun assembly passes mortgages bill
- Benue Assembly grants Ortom’s request to obtain N2.5bn loan for healthcare
- Club receive trophy for German handball title in empty arena
- Ethiopia’s confirmed COVID-19 cases surpass 1,600
- Gov. Sule lauds FG for approving funds for Farin-Ruwa Hydro Power project
- World food prices drop to 17-month low as coronavirus pandemic limits market demand
- Alleged intimidation: Court fixes June 11 to rule over Pilot’s claim
- COVID-19 – Nestlé donates PPE to Health Ministry
- Kudirat Abiola: Okei-Odumakin, Abiola-Costello urge FG to stop wanton killings
- Edo Information Commissioner resigns
- Athletes will always feel at risk without vaccine for COVID-19, tennis player says
- COVID-19: Group donates 10 handwashing machines, sanitisers, to Plateau Govt.
- Ogun Assembly passes Health Insurance bill, another into law
- Fayemi, Bamidele, EKSU mourn ex-Gov Olumilua in Ekiti
- 14 health workers infected with COVID-19 in Myanmar
- Belarusian president names new prime minister, cabinet members
- COVID-19 cases in Belarus rise to 45,981
- Comply with Osun govt. directives on services, CAN orders churches
- FRSC charges officers to be more committed, hard working
- A’Ibom seeks FG assistance in fighting against COVID-19