The Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, will on Saturday start 7-day annual leave and he will not attend to any function during the period of the leave.
A statement by Mr Michael Adeyeye, the Chief Press Secretary to Oba Aladelusi on Friday in Akure, noted that the annual leave, which is referred to as “ULEFUNTA” will end on Friday Sept. 20.
According to Adeyeye, the Deji will not receive any visitor nor attend any function throughout the period of the seven-day leave, in line with tradition.
“The public is hereby notified that there will be no beating of drum in Akure under any guise throughout the period of the seclusion.
“Equally, in observance of the period, all shops, stalls and market around the Deji’s palace will be under lock and key for the period of the leave.
“This will not affect other markets, stalls and shops except those around the Deji’s Palace,” Adeyeye said.
Adeyeye explained that the road leading to the Deji’s palace would be closed during the period, urging road users to make use of the adjoining routes throughout the period.
He said the monarch would use the period to pray for the peace and progress of Akure kingdom.
He, therefore, thanked all residents for their support and understanding for the seven-day of seclusion.
Edited by Gregg Mmaduakolam/Felix Ajide
- El-Rufai, others laud Amaechi’s selfless service at 55
- COVID-19: Abia records three new confirmed cases, total number rises to 10
- COVID-19: Nigerian-British bilateral relationship remains strong – envoy
- Stakeholders urge Enugu Assembly to review state urban, regional plan law
- Fire rips through crowded Cameroon prison
- Zamfara: Police partner ex bandits, rescue 12 kidnap victims -PPRO
- LG polls: Benue PDP chairman optimistic of victory
- Lagos reinvigorates e-governance, boosts network
- NITDA presents national outsourcing strategy to stakeholders
- Ogun set to resume normal business, eases lockdown
- Northern Governors congratulate Masari @70
- Austria to pay artists 1,000 euros a month to weather Covid-19 crisis
- Akande emerges Chairman of Ibadan LG Properties Company
- Buhari hails Consul-General Godwin Adama at 60
- Navy appoints 110 senior officers
- Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
- Gov Okowa’s wife donates food items to 5 correctional centres
- COVID-19: We’ve yet to receive promised ventilators from U.S. – Minister
- OYO APC inaugurates Alao-Akala led reconciliation committee
- Ibadan Poly manufactures ventilator, hand washing machine