Prof. Patrick Muoboghare, Delta Commissioner for Higher Education, says tertiary institutions in the state must make ready certificates and transcripts for the graduands, before the governor attends their convocation ceremonies.
Muobaghare gave the condition in a statement issued by the ministry on Thursday in Asaba.
The commissioner was quoted to have given the condition while addressing members of the Governing Council, Rector and management staff of the Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe, Oghara.
According to him, Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa will no longer be a visitor to any state owned tertiary institution’s convocation ceremony where the certificates and transcripts of the graduands are not ready.
He noted that in other climes, graduands on completion of their academic programmes, were awarded and given their certificates and transcripts without delay, but this had not been the case in Nigeria.
The commissioner said that the practice was unacceptable and advised the heads of the various institutions in the state to adhere strictly to the directive.
He assured the management of the institution that the state government was committed to completing all ongoing projects in the institution.
Muoboghare also commended the Polytechnic for putting into use the partially completed School of Mechanical Engineering complex.
The Rector, Prof. Emmanuel Ogujor, who conducted the commissioner and his team round the project sites in the institution said he had achieved a lost since he assumed duty.
He, however, appealed to the State Government to give the institution approval to recruit new staff to replace those that had retired or died.
Ogujor also appealed for funds to enable management equip the laboratories and workshops in the polytechnic, complete the numerous ongoing projects and rehabilitate the school gate. .
Edited by Ejike Obeta
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business