The Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipre Sylva, has congratulated Nigerians on the occasion of 2020 Democracy Day.
Sylva believes that a healthy democracy guarantees a greater nation.
He made this known in a statement signed by his media aide, Julius Bokoru, on Friday in Abuja.
The minister described June 12 as a moment of national pride and introspection, noting that a virile democracy was a veritable platform for entrenching national integration and greatness.
He acknowledged that Nigeria’s democracy has had its share of hiccups and setbacks, but expressed optimism that the country would come out stronger and better.
Sylva advised Nigerians on the need to guard the hard earned democracy jealously and shun deeds capable of undermining it.
He praised the people for embracing democracy, their love for country and sense of patriotism.
The minister also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for his commitment to the tenets and values of democracy.
He said this had enhanced and strengthened the current democratic experience.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Coronavirus: Germany, Malaysia industrial production recovering slowly
- COVID-19 Violation: Abuja mobile court fines Naira Marley N200,000
- UN says 27 dead after boat capsizes off Mauritanian coast
- Lawyer calls for arrest of publisher for infringing right
- WHO ramps up COVID-19 support to hotspot countries in Africa
- Man, 24, bags 4-year jail term for burglary, stealing
- Osinbajo wants innovative technology suitable for courtroom
- Floods displace 150,000 in eastern South Sudan
- Court fixes Sept. 29 to rule in no-case-submission filed by El-Zazaky
- Britain to fund Northern Ireland trade declaration system