An immediate outgone lawmaker in Anambra, Mr Ikem Uzoezie Uzoezie has congratulated the leadership and members of the 9th National Assembly (NASS) on their successful inauguration on Tuesday.
He said the newly inaugurated national lawmakers should deploy their energies to legislations that would uplift the lives of the people.
He also congratulated the All Progressives Congress (APC) for working to ensure that real party men emerged as President of the Senate, Speaker of the House of Assembly and their deputies.
“It is welcome development, it means our party, the APC, is in charge and guarantees harmony in the relationship between the legislature and the executive.
“The absence of people from the South-East simply shows that we did not do very well in the last election and that we have to work harder subsequently, but more importantly is that those there work in the overall interest of all.
“ My call is that the 9th National Assembly should make pro-poor, pro-people laws that will address the yearnings of Nigerians,” he said.
Uzoezie used the opportunity to congratulate President Muhammadu Buhari and the entire Nigerian people for sustaining democracy for 20 uninterrupted years.
He said the occasion is worth celebrating as Nigeria had made remarkable progress, expressing the hope that the new dispensation would be for the good of all.
- No plan to stop Basic Healthcare Fund — Senate
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution
- Why hike in cooking gas price may persist – Marketers
- Kogi Poll: Court begins hearing on suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility