The Dhabeji special economic zone (SEZ) to be established under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in the southern Sindh province will bring progress in the area, the Sindh Economic Zones Management Company said on Thursday.
“Dhabeji SEZ would open new vistas of development and prosperity in Sindh by starting economic activities and creating a large number of employment opportunities for people,” the company tweeted.
The SEZ is one of the nine such zones scheduled to be established under the framework of CPEC to initiate and facilitate industrialization in the country.
Pakistan’s board of investment said earlier in a report that the country’s exports are likely to get a boost with the initiation of the industrialization phase in the SEZs.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse