The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, on Wednesday, decorated five newly promoted brigadier generals, two Navy commodores and one commander serving in Defence Headquarters.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the decorated officers are parts of the recently promoted officers by the various services of the armed forces of Nigeria.
Among the decorated generals is the Acting Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu.
Others are Brig.-Gen. Yakubu Sakaba, Audi Mbafung, Ochoge Attah and Magaji Inuwa as well as Commodore Innocent Ngatuwa, Chukwuma Anakwe and Navy Commander Bolanle Sunday.
While congratulating the newly decorated officers, Olonisakin, represented by the Chief Defence Administration, Rear Adm. Apochi Suleiman, urged the new generals to justify their promotion by deploying their expertise.
He said that the current security challenges in the country required strategic thinking, urging them to undertake their new assignments with vigour.
Olonisakin challenged the newly promoted officers to bring to the table new ideas towards addressing the nation’s security challenges.
According to him, it is expected that with this new rank, you are going to add more vigour to the operational activities currently going on around the country.
“We expect that your thinking, your approaches will change from what it used to be to that of strategic thinking. Any of you in the generals’ rank today can command the armed forces of Nigeria,” he said.
Edited by Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services
- NIRSAL empowers 475 female cassava farmers, 2,872 farmers in south south
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- Delta commissioner honoured for fighting against COVID-19