Dikko appeals for peaceful elections in Bwari Area Council on Saturday
Mr Musa Dikko, Chairman, Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has appealed to the electorate to ensure peaceful elections on Saturday.
Dikko made the appeal while answering questions from newsmen on Thursday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) scheduled the Governorship and State Houses of Assembly, as well as FCT Area Councils’ elections for Saturday, March 9.
The chairman said the council and other government agencies were committed to ensuring that Saturday’s polls were peaceful, fair and credible.
‘‘For Saturday’s elections, my appeal is that the elections must be peaceful, Nigerians must be allowed to go out and decide who their leaders would be.
‘‘We are committed to ensuring that the polls should be free, credible and the results be acceptable by all of us, I urge Nigerians to go out and cast their votes wisely.
‘‘Certainly, INEC and the security agents did their best at the Presidential and National Assembly elections, we are expecting more of their best on Saturday also,’’ he said.
Dikko, who is re-contesting on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), also spoke on some of his administration’s achievements.
He said his administration completed some projects like the ultra-modern markets within the council.
He promised to work harder if re-elected.
He said, ‘‘We are expecting about three more markets to be inaugurated soonest.
‘‘We have the Dawaki Electronic Market, the Kukaba Motor Park and the Mpape Modern Market, all completed and would be inaugurated very soon.’’
NNN recalls that the FCT Administration on Tuesday, commissioned the Maitama Ultra Modern Market in Kubwa in the council area.
The market, with 1,500 shops, located at the old Kubwa market was redesigned, upgraded.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA