The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has assured that the agency is working on getting the best strategies that would be adopted in disaster situations without endangering it’s staff or those they are rescuing.
“We all know we are in a critical situation that needs urgent attention so we had to invite experts from the health sector and NCDC to present guidelines and measures we are to take.
“Our fear is that in rescuing people, we also can contract diseases and injuries.
“We are expecting strategies that will be adopted not just by NEMA, but all stakeholders,” he said.
Represented by the NEMA North West Coordinator, Abbani Garki, the DG said the meeting is bringing together partners to deliberate on issues and provide strategies.
He urged the stakeholders to take the meeting seriously as it would bring solutions to several challenges faced during emergency rescue operations.
“By the end, we hope to have a compedium to help improve disaster management in the country,” he added.
Maimunatu Abubakar, Executive Secretary, Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), in her goodwill message, said the meeting was timely, considering that the rains are at the peak.
Represented by Yau Mahmoud, Director, Relief and Disaster Management, said the agency on its part had commenced sensitization of persons living in flood prone areas to vacate.
” We are sensitizing residents on dangers of flood while we stock our stores with relief and medical supplies in case of any emergencies.”
In an interview, one of the stakholders, Sunday Awulu, Kaduna State Secretary, Nigeria Red Cross, tasked Nigerians to embrace communal efforts in tackling challenges like flooding.
Edited By: Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
- Resumption: Kogi govt. tasks heads of schools on conducive environment
- Kano Varsity promotes 17 lecturers to professors, associate professors
- KEKE Senior Grammar School, others excel in Y2020 Goveŕnors quiz competition
- Maximising the benefits of breastfeeding during COVID-19 pandemic
- Ministries of Defence, Enviroment to synergise on protection of N’Delta environment
- Sanwo-Olu pledges to revitalise agric sector
- SUNU Assurances declares N1.2bn profit
- Kogi acting CJ pledges to sustain late Ajanah’s legacies
- Abia stakeholders pass vote of no confidence in Rep. Nkole over alleged poor performance
- Edo election: Security council condemns violence – Obaseki, CP